ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
Northern Syria, Azaz
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide quality water and sanitation infrastructures to support internally displaced people (IDP) access to water and sanitation according to the targets in WASH programs in Syria Emergency Response.
· Prepare construction materials and other consumables request and ensure adequate supply for current projects; including construction tools.
· Monitoring construction materials consumption such as consumable materials such as fuel, chlorine, cement, sand, gravel and other materials.
· Prepare daily list materials consumption and support the WASH Supervisor in preparing the Purchase Request.
· Prepare daily and weekly planning and reporting of activities with specific locations.
· Ensure Generator operating hours Log and fuel consumption log are recorded properly and report the log records to the supervisor.
· Supervise the construction and rehabilitation of WASH facilities by the contractors or daily workers
· Supervise the solid waste management activities by the contractors, Municipalities and casual workers.
· Ensure all WASH facilities are constructed based on the specific standards as mentioned on designs, including selection of sites/locations for construction.
· Provide accurate and timely information to the WASH supervisor on the capacity of camps and other IDP centers.
· Provide accurate timely data to the WASH team leader and Supervisor including procurement and distribution.
· Monitor and ensure quality of materials supplied by the vendors/suppliers from the local market based on the specifications on the BOQ.
· Prepare the request for the casual skilled and unskilled labor hire and ensure the selection of the casual labor is properly carried out based on their skills level.
· Prepare daily labor timesheet and request for payment and present to the supervisor for approval.
· Organize the loading and off-loading of WASH items/ supplies sent from Turkey in collaboration with the WASH logistician.
· Carry out other activities as requested by the Supervisor.
· Skilled casual workers / Plumbers and Mechanics as assigned by the Supervisor.
· Work with WASH Team Leader and team supervisor to assess and implement appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of WASH technicians, contractors, laborers and other staff.
· Support implementation of information provision mechanisms as per Syrian program.
· Support use of context-appropriate complaint and feedback mechanism.
· Ensure the Program Accountability Framework is integrated and being implemented in the WASH program.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
· Water, Environmental, Civil Engineer or related fields.
· Experience in water and sanitation infrastructures, operation and maintenance for 2 years is desirable.
· Passport owner is an advantage .
· Ability to travel to project areas.
· Able to use a computer for production of material and reports (word processing, spread sheets, etc.).
· Excellent Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
· Team builder and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
· English is an advantage.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now