Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
* Supervising the receiving, warehousing and distribution of materials, equipment, and supplies in Cross River warehouse.
* Ensure good stock management in the
Key Areas of Accountability
* Manage supplies and equipment stock in Cross River
* Acknowledge reception of goods in good order and condition
* Inspect the quality and check for damage
* Count and record the quantity
* Cross-check quantities in accordance with delivery form
* Supervise loading and offloading of goods
Physical organisation of the stores:
* Proper installation of commodities in shelves or pallets
* Organization of the items in category
* Keep clean the store and secure stocks
* Daily management of the store for cleaning or stocking
* Daily monitoring of stock levels
* Daily monitoring for expiry dates and quality problems
* Daily update of movements of goods in/out of the store
* Enter all data into stock and bin cards
* Preparation of monthly consumption report
* Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
* Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
* Check security measures, e.g. locks, windows, building
* Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
Record keeping and filing:
* Enter all movements in their respective records
* File all the documents
* Compile report as appropriate
Preparation for expedition of outbound supplies:
* Packing of items according to approved quantities and in proper condition to the means of transportation
* Prepare waybill and packing list to be sent with each consignment back to main medical store
* Enter all data of items leaving the store on stock cards and on weekly reports
* Provide general stock management support to the response.
Support SCI staff on stock management:
* Work with logistics to ensure programme procurements are timely and of high quality
* Carry out other tasks as required by line manager
* Prepare periodic narrative and stock reports as agreed with management
* Support programme staffs to forecast and request for supplies as efficiently as possible
Min Required Experience:
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
* At least one year post NYSC experience
* Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
* Stock management and logistics experience
* Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
* Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO staff
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work within a team setting
* Independence, adaptability and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now