We are looking for filmmaker(s) that would like to use their talents to support us in creating videos about our human rights work, for our two programmes Migration & Human Rights and Human Rights Defenders & Security. Do you want to gain more experience in documentary filmmaking and use your talent to tell the stories of incredible change makers from the Netherlands and around the world? Then this could be for you!
Justice and Peace Netherlands is a non-profit organisation based in The Hague that is dedicated to defending and promoting respect for human rights and social justice, worldwide and in the Netherlands. Empowering change on the local level for human rights – that is our mission. To achieve this, we focus on pragmatic and solutions-based approaches to promoting and protecting the respect for human rights, for everyone, everywhere.
We support human rights defenders who work at the local level worldwide with trainings, our temporary relocation programme Shelter City, research and advocacy. We are also dedicated to an equitable treatment and protection of refugees. In 2019, we set up a new community sponsorship initiative Samen Hier to establish and guide local Welcome Groups of five with a refugee.
We are looking for a Volunteer Filmmaker to join our Communications team:
Approx. 16 hours a week (dependent on project) Mid-January 2020 onwards
Through our programmes, we have the opportunity to work with inspiring change makers from all around the world implemented human rights at the local level. We believe that these stories need to be told, and what better way to do that than through film.
What are you going to do?
- Development of film plans, shot lists, schedule together with Communications Officer;
- Sound composure and design;
- Filming together with a J&P team member;
We are looking for some that is:
- Organised and communicative;
- Skilled in filming, editing, and other processes of filmmaking;
- Creative and likes to think out-of-the-box;
- Knowledgeable of human rights issues and can think of nuanced ways to show these issues in film;
- Calm, culturally-sensitive, and able to work with an international team;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and preferably Dutch language, French or Spanish is an asset (offline and online, for different target groups).
We offer you:
- A workplace at our great office (Het Nutshuis) in The Hague centre;
- Fresh coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato … we have everything!);
- 50% discount on your lunch at the Juni Café at Het Nutshuis;
- Good atmosphere in a small team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- Possibility to get acquainted with organisations and people who work for human rights and social change.