You will be part of the IT Governance and Business Relations (GBR) Division, which provides the functional and methodological support required to steer the Directorate General Information Systems (DG/IS) in line with its established strategy. GBR designs the overall DG/IS communication strategy, conducts strategic review meetings and is highly committed to its customers.
GBR also runs a complete quality management system across the IT service catalogue and thereby ensures that IT vendors meet their contractual, financial and performance obligations.
Furthermore, GBR provides financial, HR and procurement support services, including planning and monitoring, for all IT services delivered by DG/IS to the ECB, the Eurosystem and the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
We are now looking for IT Experts in vendor management to give effective support for our service delivery.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Vendor Manager you will:
- manage a portfolio of vendors and contracts for various IT services (infrastructure and applications) from initiation to contract award, compliance and renewal;
- help to define and negotiate service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) in cooperation with various stakeholders;
- produce service level reports for both internal clients and suppliers;
- monitor compliance and assist with the analysis of SLA and OLA outcomes, as well as identify and take remedial action;
- engage with the appropriate service areas across DG/IS to ensure that the ongoing quality of service delivered can be measured (data collection and analysis)
- act as the interface between internal clients and suppliers and as a central point of contact for performance, risk, financial and administrative matters;
- coordinate regular vendor service review meetings;
- coordinate regular reviews of service levels together with the relevant internal clients;
- engage and collaborate with C-level management on opportunities and challenges ahead.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science and/or business administration or another relevant field;
- at least five years of relevant experience with an IT portfolio, managing vendors, complex IT contracts and relationships;
- concrete knowledge of other IT service management disciplines (e.g. ITIL) gained through working with different areas of a complex organisation(s);
- a proven track record in business analysis (vendor-based metrics) and relationship management.
- knowledge of market trends in software, hardware, service and telecommunications contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management, as well as innovations;
- experience of IT monitoring and reporting techniques/tools;
- good understanding of project management methodologies and techniques;
- practical experience in public procurement;
- ITIL Expert certification;
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
The recruitment process may include pre-screening exercises, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Application and selection process
Find more information under “How you can join us”: