United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 11 /2019
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
12 April 2019
Associate Programme Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
26 April 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- UNHCR Country Office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Review proposals and prepare/scrutinize draft budget against objectives on humanitarian assistance. Prepare project agreements and amendments, as required.
Organize data and information, prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans. This includes management of UNHCR assets loan to partners.
Monitor and report on expenditures and programme/project activities. Review control plans, progress reports, project inputs, budget and financial expenditures, obligations and expenditures by using the required system.
Work with implementing partners and government agencies, as appropriate, and maintain good relations in support of successful programme implementation.
Apply UNHCR's corporate tools (e.g. FOCUS, MSRP, Global FOCUS Insight) to generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
Maintain log files and update records in prescribed format for subsequent use.
Maintain and keep current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operation stages.
Draft letters, reports and other official documents.
Prepare background materials, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions.
Carry our specific operations/control tasks for programme/project implementation.
Serve as a focal point to generate reports from a cloud-based software on a monthly basis.
Perform other duties as required.
- Access the relevant information and programme records, FOCUS, MSRP data.
- Decide on information contained in the reports submitted to supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Law, Social Science or related field.
· Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with an international organization
· Computer skills (MS office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Thai, Knowledge of other UN language desirable.
· Good Analytical thinking , Planning , Organizing and communications skill.