The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting an enthusiastic and motivated team member who can become an integral part of the Corporate Services Team and take on a variety of roles.
The Corporate Services Officer based in the Corporate Services Team will be responsible for delivering diligent administrative support services to enhance customer satisfaction specifically on Protocol and Procurement issues and providing support to incoming and outgoing UK-based staff relocating to or from Geneva.
UK Mission to Geneva - Corporate Services Officer
Main responsibilities will include:
Administrative support to diplomats on Healthcare
- Enrolling diplomats and their dependants to the Swiss Health insurance system;
- Advising officers and their families on medical insurance processes;
- Updating and maintaining the Mission’s agreed medical supplier list;
- Processing medical invoices on the system to ensure payment;
- Seeking reimbursement from the insurance company;
- In certain cases, follow-up on exemption requests of contracting a Swiss Health insurance.
- Becoming the Deputy IT Support Officer;
- IT account set-ups;
- Gain an understanding of the specific IT system (training will be provided).
- Support CS officers for Protocol (ex. Registration of families to Swiss Mission, logistical support (customs, VAT exemption etc.);
- Support CS officers for Procurement/Invoicing (supplier set-ups, processing invoices etc.);
- In charge of the Mission opening planning.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in English and French (both oral and written);
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and assimilate new tasks/areas of work;
- Results and service orientation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Personal drive and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team;
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time position, for a fixed-term contract until March 2020.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
Please note that you must have the right to work and reside in Switzerland without visa sponsorship. (For information: EU nationals do not require visa sponsorship).
Staff recruited locally by the UK Mission in Geneva are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Swiss employment law.
Only applications submitted through the FCO online platform available on the link above will be considered.