Provide information and analyses towards the development of transport sector policy and strategies, engaging Pacific developing member countries (DMCs) governments in policy dialogue, and conducting ADB’s activities to support sector policy and reforms. Identify, develop, implement and administer loans and grants, technical assistance (TA), non-lending products and services, and knowledge products in the transport sector. Work within broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
a. Strategy and Planning
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of policies and strategies for the transport sector in assigned Pacific DMCs, in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Conduct policy dialogue to assist governments in undertaking transport sector reform, ensure efficient use of resources and encourage participation of the private sector.
- Identify with governments investment opportunities in the transport sector for sustainable economic growth.
- Participate in country teams and provide sector inputs for Country Partnership Strategies, Country Operations Business Plans, and other transport-related papers.
- Conduct economic, thematic and sector work in the context of sustainable economic development and poverty reduction.
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of policy commitments to the management of projects.
b. Project Management
- Supervise the processing and administration of loans, grants, and technical assistance in the transport sector, possibly with moderate to high levels of risk and complexity.
- Manage coordination with development agencies on the sector issues and assistance to the developing member countries.
- Manage teams of consultants and government counterparts in the process of conducting feasibility studies, due diligence, and project implementation.
- Ensure key technical, economic, financial and crosscutting issues are addressed and incorporated into project and TA design.
c. Knowledge Sharing
- Develop and maintain suitable networks in the transport sector to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
- Contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building on a range of transport issues.
d. Staff supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Regularly shares knowledge on new international best practice trends in comparator situations
- Proactively applies relevant international best practices to own work
- Convinces others to adopt international best practice by explaining the situational relevance and benefits
- Helps colleagues work effectively with clients in different contexts and from diverse backgrounds and country situations
- Adapts own approach and style when interacting with clients, as opposed to requiring them to adapt
- Draws upon international best practice in exploring solutions with clients
- Confirms the clients’ understanding and agreement before progressing
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Draws on own and others’ multi-country experience to identify viable courses of action when conducting analyses
- Helps internal and external clients achieve quality results beyond presenting problems and precedent
- Highlights possible solutions for project issues based on relevant multi-country and/or multi-client experience
- Regularly contributes insights and experiences to colleagues in the Division to help them achieve quality results
- Overcomes unexpected difficulties and challenges to produce desired outcomes
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks the audience’s level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution based on lessons and multi-country experience
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration and other related fields. University degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration and other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- International experience working in several countries
- Supervisor: Director, PATE
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment.