The post holder will work in the Digital Communication unit and provide assistance to the Digital Marketing Manager. He/she is in charge of analysing potential audience size, monitoring trends, delivering weekly and monthly report across all digital channels. The Post holder must also be familiar with search-engine optimization for websites and pages as well as social media fans acquisition campaign. Located in Geneva Headquarter, he/she collaborates closely with Digital Officers in other ICRC's delegations worldwide, providing guidelines and demo on promotional and reporting tools. This position can be extend after 6 months depending on performance.
Your main responsibilities
Reporting, monitoring and trends
- Social media and web analytics report
- Help to improve the reporting process and delivery
- Develop competitive intelligence knowledge
Campaigns and promotions
- Audience identification and goals setting
- Write and maintain campaign briefing to be shared at global level
- Help coordinate promotion campaigns and suggest correction to increase qualified traffic
Multichannel marketing activities
- Ensure search engine optimization quality of web content and monitor the evolution
- Follow the ads budget and coordinate optimization with the global digital marketing team and the ads agency
- Develop best practice guideline and demo to be published on an online platform
- Identify quick wins to increase engagement and leads generation on all channels
Your education and experience
- Education: study in digital marketing, digital communication, marketing communication, or in other related field
Your technical skills
- Digital native (advanced usage of web and social media platforms and features)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties
- Possess good understanding of web and social media publications
- Good skills in excel, power point, and online team coordination tools
- Strong skills in English and French. Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic skills are a plus.
- A great sense of communication and sharing knowledge
- Knowledge of paid advertisement in the digital world
- Ability to communicate professionaly
- Good knowledge of Google analytics, Social media monitoring tool, Photoshop and HTML
- Creative, flexible, forward-looking, dynamic, empathetic, solution-oriented, and innovative
- Proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally
- Able to support team members effectively
- Diligence and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to engage in dialogue and listen to other people's points of view
- Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities independently with limited or no supervision at all
- Team spirit and be able to interact professionally and otherwise with other members of staff
- Ability to work in teams composed of people from different fields
What we offer
- The experience of working in and being part of a forward thinking team in an international, humanitarian organisation
- The opportunity to learn practical know-how from digital marketing experts and to support the ICRC's humanitarian work
- Basic salary + benefits
- The post is office-based in Geneva, Switzerland, and does not involve travel.
Starting date: 1 January 2018
Length of assignment : 6 months
Application deadline: 3rd Dec 2017
Only candidates with a maximum of two years' working experience, of which a maximum of one year in a full-time paid position after the completion of their studies will be considered.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should send a message by3.12.2017 (deadline is 23.00 Geneva time) to Mr. Nanda Aung (email@example.com) with the following attachments and with the following subject line "Application Traineeship – Digital Marketing – [your first and last name]":
- A cover letter (max. 400 words)
- CV/résumé (max. 2 pages)
- Any link to your social media page or website that demonstrate your digital expertise
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 13.12.2017 and interviews with the shortlisted candidates will take place on 20.12. 2017.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited and tested for technical knowledge for the positions at the time of our interview sessions.
In your application, please indicate whether you have applied or are applying for other positions within the ICRC. Please note that this will not have an impact on the selection process, but is purely administrative, for coordination purposes.