Under the guidance and direct supervision of the RR and DRR, the Temporary Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR and DRR offices, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Temporary Executive Associate can supervise the secretarial and clerical staff of the office. The Temporary Executive Associate to RR/ and DRR works in close collaboration with UNDP staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR and DRR office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisors’ calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Maintenance of protocol procedures;
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions;
- Preparation of informal translations;
- Management of RR and DRR missions and representation schedule;
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR and DRR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required;
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR and DRR offices.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RR and DRR;
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence;
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
Impact of results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the RR and DDR office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the RR and DRR office and promotes the image of UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Secondary Education with specialized secretarial training. University Degree or equivalent would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Working experience in international organizations would be a strong asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Kyrgyz
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: till 31 December 2019