The Information Systems Analyst will provide mHealth, eHealth and informatics expertise for projects and business development activities in support of CDC, USAID and other international donors for funded programs globally. This position is based in Washington, D.C and entails approximately 25-30% overseas travel. Additionally, the Information Systems Analyst is responsible for coordinating in the system analysis and design of informatics’ projects, interacting with developers in the field and assist with business development activities. The Information Systems Analyst will provide technical expertise in business analysis for software and information systems development across a wide array of programmatic and thematic areas.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to lead information systems analysis activities in support of new projects or products. Requirements may be for software to be written, enhanced, or purchased and integrated. They may also be for processes, procedures, forms, training, documents, or anything else that is needed.
* Requirements Planning and Management: Plan and manage systems requirements, including requirements change control and scope control.
* Requirements Elicitation: Work with clients, stakeholders, Palladium counterparts, and other sources to understand and identify all requirements information that is relevant to HIS.
* Context Analysis: Identify significant factors influencing program success and recommendations for implementation and sustainability.
* Requirements Analysis and Documentation: Organize, structure and understand the elicited requirements; put them into an appropriate form, and perform necessary verification and validation
* Requirements Communication: Plan and implement all requirements-related communication activities, including elicitation, validation, reporting status, resolving conflicts, and gaining approval.
* Resource Planning: Provide estimates for level of effort and resources to implement the solution to the Project Manager
* Solution Assessment and Validation: Collaborate with technical and quality assessment counterparts to ensure that the results of the project fully satisfy the needs embodied in the requirements.
The person in this role will also be expected to:
* Work with Palladium counterparts or external clients to support the development and implementation of various global Informatics projects, including activities such as requirement analysis and information systems design, stakeholder engagement, capacity building, and strategic informatics.
* Identify, analyze, experiment and advise on the use and implementation of technology components and technologies, especially the global goods and adhering to the Principles of Digital Development.
* Support business development activities by contributing to the strategy and technical writing for the informatics components of proposals, and recommending strategies, informatics solutions, and implementation schedules, as assigned.
* Communicate and enforce methods and standard operating procedures (including development operations) to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Coordinate and resolve questions and issues from the field to ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive responses.
* Represent Palladium at technical working groups and other communities of practice, sharing information and updates.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science or software engineering.
* Eight or more years’ professional experience with the software development life cycle (including business analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment); software analysis and design; agile methodologies and user-centered design.
* Preferred five or more years’ professional experience with technical informatics in a developing country context in health, education, social development, agriculture and other related international development areas, with at least 2 years’ experience with CDC, USAID or PEPFAR funded programs.
* Authorization to legally work in the United States is required.
* Only candidate that submit a resume and detailed cover letter will be considered.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Knowledge of information systems, diverse databases, and data analytics required, knowledge of health data systems a plus.
* Experience designing, testing, and implementing information and data management systems, including mobile applications, transactional systems and business intelligence implementations.
* Experience in developing lifecycle documents, including Use Cases, Detailed Functional Requirements, Detailed Design Specifications, and Software Requirement Specifications based on international standards, such as UML.
* Experience working in CI/CD environments with knowledge in Git.
* Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities.
* Ability to guide and support the clients and software developers in designing solutions that meet the specified requirements; knowledge of user-centered design methodologies.
* Knowledge and experience applying the Principles for Digital Development.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members and clients of different cultures, gender, and hierarchical levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Entrepreneurial and inquisitive mindset that takes initiative to learn new systems, technologies, and skills pertinent to the work of the DIAS Practice
* Willingness to travel and work abroad 25-30% of the time in developing countries and elsewhere
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now