Working closely with the IRC Iraq Human Resources (HR) team and the Senior Management Team (SMT), this position is responsible for identifying and developing talent acquisition and development strategies, tools and processes aimed at identifying national talent with people management skills and leadership potential and supporting them to attain more senior roles within the organization. This includes designing and maintaining effective programs for retention, promotion and succession planning with a special focus on talent assessment, coaching, individual employee development planning, and competency identification to develop leaders to meet the current and future business needs of the IRC Iraq.
Talent Review and Assessment
• Provide professional expertise on and lead the design, development and implementation of the talent review process required to achieve desired business goals that results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
• Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g. succession planning).
• Participate in HR organizational strategic planning and provide leadership for Performance Management and Talent Management policy development.
• Research and assist in the development of performance management training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to improve on identified learning and/or performance gaps.
• Serve as a business partner for the hiring managers and HR Manager – Talent Acquisition to strengthen effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction.
• Develop effective relationships within the organization, particularly the Talent Management team, to be able to contribute to the review of the recruitment process.
• Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
• Ensure that organization-wide talent management and performance management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program quality, efficiencies and effectiveness.
Management Skills Training
• Develop tools and processes that will ensure continuous enhancement of knowledge and capability of key talent in communication, planning, organizing, leading and overall management, including project cycle management.
• Develop tools and conduct individual management, career and talent assessments with an aim of creating a talent pipeline for IRC’s critical roles.
• Provide coaching and support to key IRC leaders in the creation of robust development plans that meet succession and development needs.
• Ensure proper implementation and rigorous follow up for IRC global talent development initiatives with a special focus on Compass and Navigator.
• Develop and administer an objective succession planning process which focuses on building staff capacity to meet current and future business needs.
• Engage key internal stakeholders in identification of mission critical roles, current potential successors and development of a succession plan.
• Build a data base of IRC Iraq’s internal talent pipeline to meet short and long term organization needs
• Serve as a resource to recruiting and other departments in the identification of external and internal candidates for critical roles.
Training and Development
• Conduct training needs assessment, identify and implement interventions to address key skills gaps.
• Develop a database of professional training institutions capable of providing trainings tailored to IRC staff needs.
• Identify and develop individual learning initiatives that cost effectively focus employee development towards achievement of both business and personal career goals.
• Develop tools that will enable monitoring of individual progress towards achievement of desired skills and competencies
• Work with the HR Director to review current learning and development procedures to enhance effectiveness and ensure they are fit for purpose.
• Conduct relevant presentations and training sessions to staff and supervisors whenever necessary
Provide technical support to line managers to implement IRC Performance Management system.
Design and deliver customized training programs and tools for line managers and staff on effective performance management.
Facilitate and conduct training for line managers on coaching for performance.
Collate, analyze and share with HR Director an end of year appraisal report.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in HR and a minimum of 3 years in a training/leadership development role
• Fluency in Arabic and English language
• Project management skills (desirable)
• Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms
• Demonstrated capabilities as a Leadership Coach, and/or Performance Consultant.
• Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
• Must be an independent thinker, possess strong organization skills, strong customer focus and orientation
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Applications to be submitted on: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=3883
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now