The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gain a deep understanding of WFP’s programs and operations, in order to provide first-rate talent acquisition service
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and business leaders to understand hiring forecasts and recruiting priorities.
- Articulate our employee value proposition, while enhancing visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels
- Manage the full recruiting life-cycle across a variety of functional areas
- Contribute to developing new and innovative ways to attract and recruit candidates from developing countries, especially female candidates
- Promote cross-collaboration acros Human Resources divisions
- Participate and support in other Talent Acquisition initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Perform other duties as required
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese desired
- Three to ten years of postgraduate professional experience in the field of Talent Acquisition. Experience working in an international envirnoment, as part of a multicultural and diverse team highly desireable.
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting hard-to-find profiles. Demonstrated success developing and deploying creative, effective candidate pipeline development methodologies
- Proven track record of success with a variety of recruiting methods including: direct sourcing, social recruiting and traditional methods
- Experience working with technology tools related to applicant tracking system, candidate database and reporting. Experience with SAP recruitment platforms is highly desirable.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and be extremely organized.
- Must have the ability to create and foster organizational change and be a strategic business partner and think globally and objectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills, with the aptitude to adapt communication style to relevant audience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any time, in a fast-paced environment
- Proven organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional time management; proactive with a strong sense of urgency
- Capability to bring tested best practices to WFP’s Talent Acquisition and share across the organization
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Initial length of contract is 6 months, renewable.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.