|Deadline for applications:||30/12/2018|
|Position title and level||Systems Architect (P-4)|
|Organisational unit||Information, Knowledge and Evidence Management Section, Office Of The Prosecutor|
|Duty station||The Hague - NL|
|Type of appointment||Fixed-term|
|Post number||To be determined|
|Minimum net annual salary||€84,303.00|
|Contract duration||For initial appointments, the Court offers a two-year appointment with the possibility of extension (six months probationary period).|
A roster of suitable candidates may be established for this post as a result of this selection process for both fixed-term established and general temporary assistance posts.
The Information, Knowledge and Evidence Management Section (IKEMS), headed by an Information Management Coordinator, reports directly to the Prosecutor, and combines the OTP’s information, knowledge and evidence management operations into one consolidated section. IKEMS aims to maintain a coordinated, flexible and operationally responsive IKEM support capacity throughout the OTP, in order to support the full spectrum of OTP information and evidence operations.
Systems Architects (SA) are responsible for the cohesive architecture and design of solutions, systems or products. They have an equal footing in both the technical and business areas, and play a vital role in bringing together stakeholders and ensuring their evolving needs are identified, recorded and addressed. They provide guidance and oversight to project managers, developers and other business development and support staff by assisting them in making informed assessments and key decisions relating to projects, systems or products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Prosecutor and reporting directly to the Information Management Coordinator (IMC), the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Advanced university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems, Technology Management, Information Technology, Data Science, Telecommunications, or a related field is required. A first-level University Degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Additional professional certification in knowledge management, and/or public management, is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Languages:
Proficiency in one of the working language of the Court, English or French, is essential. Working knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) would be considered an asset.
ICC Core Competencies
Dedication to the mission and values
- Acts consistently in accordance with the mission and values of the Organisation;
- Maintains confidentiality, acts with integrity and shows respect for diversity;
- Shows commitment to the organisation;
- Presents a positive image of the organisation during external discussions.
- Applies professional and technical expertise;
- Keeps abreast of organisational issues;
- Produces workable solutions to a range of problems;
- Listens, consults and communicates proactively;
- Handles disagreements with tact and diplomacy;
- Recognises and rewards the contribution of others;
Learning and developing
- Identifies development strategies needed to achieve work and career goals and makes use of developmental or
- Learns from successes and failures;
- Seeks feedback and gives feedback to others to increase organisational effectiveness;
- Seeks opportunities for improvement of work;
- Has an open mind and contributes to innovation.
Handling uncertain situations
- Adapts to changing circumstances;
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents;
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances;
- Manages time effectively.
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly;
- Handles contacts with diplomacy and tact;
- Communicates in a transparent and open way with internal and external contacts while complying with
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm;
- Keeps to agreements with others;
- Focuses on client needs;
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people;
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- The selected candidate will be subject to a Personnel Security Clearance (PSC) process in accordance with ICC policy. The PSC process will include but will not be limited to, verification of the information provided in the personal history form and a criminal record check.
- Applicants may check the status of vacancies on ICC E-Recruitment web-site.
- Post to be filled preferably by a national of a State Party to the ICC Statute, or of a State which has signed and is engaged in the ratification process or which is engaged in the accession process, but nationals from non-state parties may also be considered.
- In accordance with the Rome Statute, the ICC aims to achieve fair representation of women and men for all positions, representation of the principal legal systems of the world for legal positions, and equitable geographical representation for positions in the professional category.
- Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged.
- The Court reserves the right not to make any appointment to the vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
- The ICC is willing to apply the “Inter-Organisation Mobility Accord” on a reciprocal basis.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now