SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER (ANTICIPATED HIRING)
2-Year Marawi Response Project
Save the Children is seeking to complete a Marawi Response Project Team at all levels: Leader, Officer/ Coordinator and Assistant positions for an anticipated 2-year grant-funded project in Marawi, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao.
The project will advance durable solutions for those displaced by the Marawi crisis in these main areas:
* Supporting local economic recovery and development; and,
* Strengthening social cohesion.
This will involve collaboration with national, regional and local government offices including the Task Force Bangon Marawi and member agencies such as the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of labor and Employment, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Trade and Industry, Mindanao Development Authority, Office of the Civil Defense, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Regional Government of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur, city government of Marawi and other local government units, etc. and other critical partners
* Responsible for providing the supply chain needs/requirements of the project including procuring all program supplies and services, accounting for all assets, managing stocks, and managing fleet concerns.
* Accountable for compliant and timely processing of all procurement of program requirements (e.g. supplies, office supplies, fleet services, training materials/venues, catering services following policy
* Set up and maintain procurement tracker, warehouse tracker, supplier database; preparing, filing and safekeeping relevant supply chain documents (procurement packages, asset management /fleet management forms, warehousing documents, distribution reports)
* Follow up with suppliers e.g. delivery schedules of goods and other related concerns; gives feedback to/from suppliers to improve service level
* Account for, maintain kitting of goods/equipment as needed (including warehouse records of received and dispatched goods).
* Oversees fleet operations (daily staff & vehicle movement, mobilization of supplies for distribution and for trainings/workshops, management of drivers; fuel consumption, and monthly Fleet Analysis.
* Ensure appropriate use, housekeeping and security of assets and equipment, electronic files, project assets
Qualifications and Experience
* College degree holder; advanced courses in supply chain preferred
* 5 yrs. experience in handling logistics and procurement in a medium – large project or enterprise
* Strong sense of urgency and work ethic; able to think and act fast, weighing standards, risks and operational exigencies; resourceful; highly flexible
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft word and excel application
* Can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances
* Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal forms in order to establish effective relationships with a wide range of audiences, including at a geographical distance
Contract Length: Fixed-Term Position for two (2) years based in Marawi Lanao del Sur, Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
To expedite receipt and processing of the various applications please email as follows:
* Email to:
* Use Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – POSITION TITLE – Last name, First name)
Sample Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – EDUCATION COORDINATOR – dela Cruz, Anna
Note, in the event of being short-listed, the applicant candidate shall be required to submit a donor-specific bio-data form that will require specific data of among others:
* Current residential address, telephone number, email address
* Date of birth, citizenship
* Education – indicating university, degrees obtained and dates; specialist education
* Membership in professional associations
* Other trainings
* Countries of work; languages spoken (including local dialects)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.