- Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
- Short Term Adviser (STA) – to start in July 2019
- Remunerated under the ARF as D3
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s goal is to strengthen social capital in Timor-Leste through strengthening services, increasing community engagement and linking civil society to decision makers to improve access to services. PHD supports sectoral investments in health, education, sanitation and water and mainstream nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection. The Ministry of Social Solidarity and Inclusion (MSSI) is the central organ of Government responsible for designing, implementing, coordinating and assessing policies and programs for social security, social welfare, natural disasters and community reinsertion. MSSI is committed to developing a new Strategic Plan 2020-2024 to guide the development of Annual Action Plans and programs.
The Strategic Plan Adviser will work under the overall supervision of the Vice Minister of Ministry of Social Solidarity and Inclusion, and in collaboration with the Cabinet of Planning Research and Institution Development. The purpose of this assignment is to work closely with MSSI and its key stakeholders to develop a high-quality strategic plan to guide the ministry’s policies and programs over the next four years (2020-2024). The scope and focus of the assignment will include (but not be limited to):
- Assessment of changes and opportunities in the current context
- Consultations with key government staff, directorates and key stakeholders, including development partners and civil society
- Development of a concise and high-quality strategic plan for the period 2020-2024, that identifies the overall goals and objectives of MSSI and the priority activities and programs for MSSI to achieve those objectives
- Development of a concise monitoring and evaluation framework which identifies key program outcomes, performance data, baselines and methods for the collection and assessment of data
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field on the area of planning, public policy, development study, social development work or any other related field.
- At least 10-15 years professional experience in strategic planning and management.
- Experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders, preferably in public sector development programs especially in the area of social assistance.
- High-level skills in the areas of research and a strong understanding of Timor-Leste’s political and social processes.
- Fluency in English essential. Tetun (written and spoken) preferred; fluency in Portuguese an advantage.