About Be Girl
Be Girl is a social enterprise whose mission is empowerment by design. We create beautiful, innovative, and affordable products that enable proper care, understanding, and celebration of the female body. By unlocking the power that comes with knowledge, girls everywhere can have the opportunity to achieve their infinite potential. For more information, please see www.begirl.org.
About the Project
Be Girl has received funding to test its SmartCycle® menstruation education methodology at scale with 20,000 adolescents in two countries. With this project, Be Girl seeks to examine adolescent health from a new perspective, asking: What if preventative reproductive health education could be positive, empowering, and even fun? Be Girl will test both the manual and digital platforms of its SmartCycle® Menstrual Educational Tool to generate valuable learning around the precise products and education strategies that are most effective in reaching different segments of adolescents, specifically those from different age-groups and locations.
Purpose of the Assignment
Be Girl is seeking an experienced and highly qualified consultant create the SmartCycle® workshop facilitator’s training manual and training-of-trainers (TOT) package for the SmartCycle® methodology. The training manual will teach facilitators how to conduct SmartCycle® workshops, which educate adolescent girls and boys ages 10-19 on the physiology of the menstrual cycle, dispelling misconceptions; instruct how to track the cycle with the SmartCycle®; promote key health behaviors; and introduce other reproductive health topics, including contraceptives.
Scope of Work
· Become familiar with Be Girl’s SmartCycle® tool and menstruation education methodology and leading external approaches to teaching menstruation and adolescent sexual and reproductive health;
· Develop the SmartCycle® workshop facilitator’s training manual based on existing Be Girl and external content. The manual should teach facilitators how to conduct a fun and age-appropriate menstruation education workshop based on the SmartCycle® tool. The SmartCycle® workshop facilitators training manual should include, but is not limited to:
An introduction to the SmartCycle® and how to use it;
A factual and age-appropriate explanation on the female reproductive system and the menstrual cycle;
An explanation of taboos and how to combat them;
Answers to questions frequently asked by adolescents;
An explanation of optional pre- and post-workshop data collection methodology based on existing Be Girl surveys.
· Develop a broader SmartCycle® TOT workshop package for the Be Girl SmartCycle® menstruation education methodology. This package should include a high-level TOT workshop guide and agenda for a 3-5-day workshop that fully equips trainees to confidently deliver accurate, high-quality SmartCycle® workshops and surveys to adolescents.
Deliverables and Timeline
The table below provides an overview of the expected timeline:
First draft of the SmartCycle® workshop facilitator’s training manual: Monday, November 16, 2018
First draft of the SmartCycle® TOT workshop package: Friday, November 16, 2018
Final draft of the SmartCycle® workshop facilitator’s training manual based on feedback and revisions: Friday, November 30, 2018
Final draft of the SmartCycle® TOT workshop package based on feedback and revisions: Friday, November 30, 2018
· International development professional with demonstrated experience in adolescent-girl-focused programming;
· Demonstrated experience developing gender-sensitive training curricula and manuals with a specific focus on adolescents;
· Familiarity with concepts around menstrual and reproductive health;
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision;
· Motivated self-starter with strong time management skills;
· Strong commitment to human rights and gender equity, with cross-cultural experience and cultural sensitivity required.
Be Girl Values
Be Girl is deeply committed to gender equity and maintaining a positive and empowering brand for girls and women everywhere. Our values are integrity, community, inspiration, choices, and learning. All Be Girl team members should aspire to embrace the organization’s core values in all aspects of their work.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now