Fixed Term 2 year Contract
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join Save the Children as our Start Funds Senior MEAL Officer and play an important role in strengthening the quality and coverage of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) activities for the Start Network funds.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Start Funds Senior MEAL Officer you will be responsible for the measurement and reporting of the Start Funds’ and Start Network’s performance in line with the KPIs, milestones, and targets. You will be responsible for supporting the successful generation of evidence and learning through performance analysis, capacity building, knowledge generation, knowledge dissemination and enhanced accountability practices. You will contribute towards the development and implementation of a learning strategy and learning workplan for the Start Funds and the Start Network. In addition you will:
· Be responsible for the analysis used at Start Funds’ committees/groups
· Report to all Start Funds’ donors with log frame updates, annual reviews and external evaluations
· Provide advice and support to strengthen management information systems and processes for data quality
- Collaborate with the Start Funds and other Start Network teams to strengthen their quality and accountability practices towards members, partners, and affected populations
· Be responsible for conducting learning needs analyses, delivering project cycle learning activities and closing the learning feedback loops
· Carry out various thematic research, reviews, studies and learning products according to the MEAL work plan.
To be successful you will be a results-driven problem solver with previous humanitarian field or head office experience, as well as experience delivering MEAL for large organisations. You will have excellent computer skills including data analysis software experience and the ability to maintain management information systems. In addition you will have:
· An undergraduate degree, ideally in social science, research methods, humanitarian response or a related field
· Proven skills in quantitative and qualitative analyses, with experience of collecting, organizing and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present data and evidence in a user-friendly form
- Demonstrable experience of strong teamwork capabilities and collaboration, ideally providing internal advice and support
- Experience on programming, artificial intelligence and big data (desirable).
Willingness to travel regularly and language skills in French, Spanish or Arabic are desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 29th September 2019