ECLT Foundation is looking for a CONSULTANT on a 50% basis in Jakarta for a period of 6 months starting September 2019 with a possibility of extension to support stakeholder engagement and project implementation in Indonesia.
ECLT Foundation is a Swiss based independent Foundation addressing root causes for child labour in agriculture, in areas where tobacco is grown.
Since 2015, ECLT has been developing its presence in Indonesia, building relationships with key stakeholders at national and sub-national level, such as BAPPENAS, ministries, farmers’ and employers’ associations, civil society, ILO and tobacco companies in order to support a collaborative and coordinated approach to addressing child labour in agriculture.
A Partnership Against Child Labour in Agriculture (PAACLA) was set up in 2018. The PAACLA is coordinated by BAPPENAS and financially and technically supported by the ECLT Foundation.
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
Support ECLT in Indonesia by liaising with the key and other relevant stakeholders on behalf of ECLT as follows:
· Work in close and effective collaboration with ECLT’s implementing partner, Jarak, in Jakarta to ensure smooth information flow to and from project stakeholders; Coordinate on engagement and issues related to the project implementation. Establish contacts whenever necessary
· Build on ECLT’s prior engagement and further develop trustful relationships to high level key stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Agriculture and the Farmer Associations (AMTI, APTI, GAPPRI) through the provision of up-to-date and relevant information on all ECLT project aspects.
· Establish contact and maintain engagement with those local tobacco stakeholders which are not yet part of PAACLA and facilitate their adhesion to PAACLA.
· Serve as a liaison between the tobacco stakeholders, the Project implementing partners and the ECLT team in Geneva, Switzerland.
· Enhance communications between ECLT and its local stakeholders in Indonesia
· Establish contact and engage key tobacco stakeholders which are not yet part of PAACLA
· Establish and disseminate regular Progress Reports
· Organize meetings with stakeholders on convened objectives and with agreed agenda points
· Transcription of meeting minutes for review and dissemination
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· At least 20 years of professional experience in Indonesia;
· Previous experience and/or understanding of child protection and/or tobacco growing issues;
· Experience within the Tobacco Sector in Indonesia;
· Availability of contacts in Government entities is a plus (e.g. Ministry of Agriculture);
· Native Bahasa Indonesia speaker and fluent in English, both spoken and written;
· Excellent communication and diplomatic skills; gravitas and ability to “open closed doors”;
· Analytical and strategic thinking;
· Able and comfortable to deal with diverse constituencies with diverging views;
· Willingness to work out of home but available to attend meetings in Jakarta / East Java / Lombok, as necessary;
· Availability to report to and coordinate with the ECLT Geneva on a regular basis