UNICEF Iran Country Office
Terms of Reference for Simultaneous Interpretation Services
Type of Assignment: Individual
UNICEF Iran has various meetings, seminars and conferences every year. These meetings require urgent and high-quality simultaneous Interpretation from English to Persian and vice versa. In order to meet the increasing needs of Interpretation, UNICEF Iran would like to expand the pool of simultaneous interpretation. In view of the above the selected applicant will be included in the roster of UNICEF Iran for 12 months with the possibility to extend for another twenty-four (24) months.
- Provide accurate and consistent simultaneous Interpretation from English to Persian and vice versa.
- Establish a professional roster of experienced simultaneous Interpreters whom can be reached when required.
- Harmonize the fees of interpretation in UNICEF.
- Timely response to required service.
3. Description of the Assignment
The contractors shall do simultaneous Interpretation as specified upon request and receipt of duly authorized instruction from UNICEF.
- UNICEF Iran will provide a purchase order for each task during the contract period describing the nature of job and timeframe.
- The contractor should sign the PO which is an official agreement between UNICEF and service provider.
- Fees of each request will be according to the initial financial proposal of this advertisement and will be confirmed prior to commencement of assignment by UNICEF Iran.
4. Expected Deliverables:
Accurate and quality interpretation within UN terminologies and culturally sensitive terms in context of I.R of Iran. The interpretation should be performed with or without interpretation equipment depending on the conditions and setting of the conference/meeting/event.
5. Reporting Requirements:
Upon completion and submission of each job, UNICEF will assess the quality of work and communicate with the service provider by email. Based on the assessment and final certification of service, the service provider will submit the final invoice to be settled by UNICEF within 15 days maximum.
6. Contract Management:
Communication with the selected interpreters and all related process will be managed by the Operations Section in UNICEF Iran including the financial queries and amendment of purchase order.
7. Proposed Payment Schedule
Final invoice will be settled upon completion of work and receiving the certification of service.
8. UNICEF Recourse in Case of Unsatisfactory Performance
In case of unsatisfactory performance and unacceptable quality of interpretation, UNICEF Iran will not pay for the service and a detailed notification letter will be sent to the service provider validating the reason of rejecting the invoice and final settlement. Additionally, the Operations Section in UNICEF Iran will meet with the service provider and give a broad feedback on the unsatisfactory performance.
Selected service providers must confirm their availability in two days upon receipt of UNICEF Iran's requisition. If the service provider repeatedly declines the request of UNICEF Iran (four times per year), UNICEF Iran will remove the name of service provider from the roster.
9. Conditions and Administrative Issues:
Contractor to observe confidentiality and refrain from divulging any information about the content of UNICEF documents. The contractor will work on its own computer (s) and use his/her own office resources and materials
10. Activities, Deliverables, Indicators, Timeframe, and Schedule of Payment
Activity 1:Simultaneous Interpretation
Quality of Interpretation to be approved by requester
Payment % : 100
Applicants to send their financial proposal along with their application including their fees/per day in local currency (Iranian Riyal).
The interpreter should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum BS degree in English language or relating disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the field of interpretation with the UN, other international organizations, or government organizations
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Persian is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-cultural flexibility and ability to deliver within tight deadlines
Qualification #1 :Minimum BS degree in English or relating disciplines
Qualification #2 :Minimum 3 years of working experience in the field of Interpretation
Score: each year 10 points maximum 30
Qualification #3 :Fluency in English and Persian is required.
Financial proposal: 30
Technical proposal: 70
Total Score: 100
Only technical proposal which receives a minimum of 49 points will be considered further.