At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The Shelter Coordinator (SC) is responsible for the overall direction and performance of the Shelter program portfolio. The range of duties include playing a critical role in defining the sector’s programs principles, objectives and operational strategies; setting standards for project implementation, monitoring and evaluation; overseeing project planning and budgeting; giving technical assistance to staff (or recruiting and hiring specialists as needed for various projects); ensuring collaboration with counterpart agencies; representing the CO to external organizations. The WC will be responsible for new project development starting with the identification of program initiatives appropriate to both the sector and country strategies, all the way through submission of quality proposals. The SC assure collaboration and synergies among projects within the sector as well as between this sector and the Cash and Livelihoods, Gender, WASH and Food and NFI sectors.
- People Management
- Program Quality and Implementation
- Resource Mobilization
- External relations and Partnerships
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in relevant subject area + 5 years technical experience
- Bachelor degree +7 years’ technical experience
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in mid-level management positions with team management or supervision responsibilities;
- Three years of experience in project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Technical knowledge of SPHERE Shelter minimum standards and other UN standards
This position is expected to be for 6 months.