Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting human and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support services to the mission’s Operations activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Ensure that delivery of shelter and other goods is in line with the standards specified by IOM Algiers;
Liaise with various partners/vendors to ensure adequate logistics arrangements are in place for IOM operations and for distribution of shelter in identified areas;
Regular record keeping of all goods received, distributed and/or returned to the partners/vendors;
Coordinate with shelters regarding receipt of distribution reports; review the reports to make sure they meet the required guidelines;
Support needs assessment including data collection and data entry;
Maintain regular records of all monitoring and distribution activities in line with the distribution check list, the M&E check list and the grievance redressal guidelines;
Review, Validate, Distribute and ensure accuracy of all received movement reports including Advanced Booking Notifications (ABN), Cancelations (CAN), Departures (DEP), Mission Domestic Bookings and update arrival status (COA);
Comply with special requirements needed for vulnerable cases; including unaccompanied minors and cases with special medical or security concerns;
Ensure reports are in accordance with the Movement Management Manual (MMM) and IOM Operations Standard Operating Procedures (OPS SOPS);
Serve as a resource to Sending Missions to better facilitate movement schedules;
Update and Distribute the Daily Transmission Report;
Create Proflight folders according to the OPS SOPS;
Process Domestic Bookings;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or related field with three years of professional experience working in airline or travel agency; or
· High School degree in above field with five years of relevant professional experience.
· Knowledge of AMADEUS and knowledge of IOM movement management tools such as HIT, MiMOSA, I-Gator, RMI and SAR is a distinct advantage;
· Sound knowledge of geography, and of global airline routings. Computer literate: must be able to manage voluminous email traffic, use the Internet and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel;
· Ability to handle handle reporting data with accuracy;
· Proven ability to work harmoniously in a diverse, multicultural environment;
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constrains;
· Mature individual, with flexibility and able to travel and work overtime, when requested;
· Ability to maintain high performance standards with attention to details;
Previous working experience with CSO or International Organizations is an added advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.