- develop service-related client feedback mechanisms for UN agencies
- refine and standardize customer Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- introduce more transparent and clear service pricing methodologies, and
- support the formulation of common back-office structures through the global rollout of interagency country-level Business Operation Strategies (BOS)
- Create and manage budgets to support the coordinated rollout of Clustering, BOS, CBO and other back-office enhancement workstreams; and regularly communicate any risks to management, project leads and other stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Service Enhancement Project Manager and UNDP management on efficiency gains that have been or could be realized by transforming GSSU and country-level operations through technology, processes, structures and any other mechanisms
- Assist in the development of UNDP Customer Value Propositions and Service Catalogues per country office typology, for GSSSU and country level back-office support services
- Work collarboratively with stakeholders to create proposals that ensure the financial sustainability of services identified
- In consultation with external consultants, internal constituencies and UNDP clients, design and implement methodologies for UNDP to transparently price and fully cost recover on services offered to UN entities by COs and the GSSU
- Drive service quality enhancement through the development and implementation of standardised Service Level Agreements that incorporate both GSSU and country level service offerings.
- Work with stakeholders to continually optimise GSSU and country level back-office operations workforces as service improvement efforts progress and UNDP’s business context and technology landscape change. Ensure that efficiency gains/opportunities are accurately measured, monitored and reported on.
- Perform Quality Assessments following the implementation of Clustering or back-office enhancements
- In close cooperation with the Service Enhancement Project Manager, the Director GSSU and Regional and Central Bureaus, provide data-driven evidence to support the positioning of UNDP as a service provider in relevant forums and events and help raise the profile of the organisation in this regard.
- Continually expand the scope and depth of engagement of UNDP colleagues across the globe in support of UNDP’s strive for customer-centric service delivery and efficiency enhancement.
- Liaise with technology, process and policy experts in the broader UN family to build coordinated efforts towards the improvement of back-office services at the country level, in line with the Secretary General’s Strategy.
- Provide thought leadership supported by data-driven evidence, on how technology, process or policy improvements can enhance UNDP’s back-office support
- Engage with the UN SDG to bolster knowledge, debate and discussion on how operational improvements can support the achievement of respective organisational mandates. Document and share UNDP experience in this area and through appropriate inter-agency forums.
- In close collaboration with the Office of Human Resources, empower UNDP colleagues to build skills and knowledge on operational improvements made.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Ability to plan, organise, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Ability to apply a systematic approach to adapt, control and effect change
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations
- Ability to identify and prioritise risks, and organise action around mitigating them
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and balance often contradictory expectations, building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of the work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
- Ability to create internal reporting and accountability processes and standards
- Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships
- Advanced University Degree in one or more of the following: Business Management, Finance, Organizational Management, or other related fields.
- Seven years of experience in international and multicultural institutions in the areas of operations, change management and organisational management.
- experience in financial management and budget control Experience in working on interagency initiatives at country and regional levels.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension