This position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the direct supervision of the Platforms Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, testing, management, and support of the hardware/software infrastructure for IOM’s websites.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support, maintain and enhance existing applications and websites based on Drupal.
- Owner of the Drupal platform inside IOM.
- In conjunction with the Head of Project Management Practice and Platforms manager, participate in determining requirements, planning technical aspects of the project to ensure that requirements are consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Create high quality, well-designed, efficient and testable code by following current industry standards and IOM’s established code testing, review, and QA procedures.
- Supervise the team of web application developers and/or software supplier and provide technical guidance, manage the day-to-day and technical aspects of assigned projects under development to release and implementation phase of the project life cycle.
- Manage change request and enhancement implementation as well as application releases for the application portfolio.
- Manage tier 3 technical support of the application Portfolio, ensuring agreed SLAs are met.
- Participate in the detailed application design of the system in conjunction with the System/ Solution Architect.
- Adhere to the version control system, build and release processes and coding standards.
- Perform unit and integration tests and resolve any resulting issues/bugs.
- Work with the architects and develop business systems using the IOM development standards framework.
- Communicate project status, issues and risk factors to project team members.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- University degree in the above fields with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- 4+ years working on Drupal CMS platform is a must.
- 4+ years of experience in Linux Systems Administration, Engineering & Scripting
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance tuning Drupal websites.
- 1+year of experience working with Amazon Web Server (AWS). Should be able to create, deploy and manage AWS services (EC2, AWS Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloud Front, S3, Kinesis, API Gateway, VPC)
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Exposure to DevOps practices, including automation, configuration management, and release management
- Workable knowledge of Configuration Management Products (e.g., Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Experience in web applications design and development, experience in core Java programming with at least three years in design and development of J2EE applications, install, configure and secure application/ web servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat.
- Experience with development tools such as Ant, xdOCLET, Eclipse, working with database technologies, specifically Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Knowledge and Experience in developing web applications using MS Visual Studio using .NET technologies will be an advantage.
- Proficient in MVC frameworks such as Struts and/or Tapestry.
- Proficient in data-access and backend technologies such as Hibernate, EJB’s, JDO, JDBC, etc.
- Knowledge of Spring Application Framework and unit testing framework an advantage.
- Experience with the development and implementation of portlets also an advantage.
- Solid Java-development skills, knowledge of other J2EE technologies such as JNDI, Web Services, JAAS, JMS, JMX preferred.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.