At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting a Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for an upcoming USAID-funded five-year DREAMS program. The program will: a) expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by AGYW aged 10 to 24 in two districts; and, b) increase case-finding of undiagnosed HIV-positive individuals in four districts, through targeted outreach testing with robust linkages to ART. HIV case-finding will focus on adult men and young people aged 15-24, who constitute the majority of undiagnosed HIV-positive persons in Malawi. This position is contingent upon award.
· Lead M&E efforts for DREAMS AGYW services and HIV case finding implementation and develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting.
· Design and execute qualitative research to obtain client feedback on barriers and facilitating factors to use of program services.
· Other tasks as required to achieve the Program Objectives and Expected Results.
· A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
· Minimum 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health and HIV fields.
· Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
· Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS.
· Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
· Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
· Familiarity with mobile and innovative data gathering and reporting methodologies.
· Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
· Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
· Experience with unique identifiers databases and GIS data.
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.