Strategic Information Advisor for Health System Strengthening
Estimated Period of Performance: December 3, 2018 – December 14, 2021
Place of Performance: Pretoria, South Africa
Only U.S. citizens or non-U.S. citizens who have lived in the U.S. at least three of the last five years are eligible to provide services under this task order. The exception to this is an incumbent non-U.S. citizen contractor employee with current, valid security clearance for physical and logical access to CDC and embassy facilities and network.
Through the existing CoAgs listed in Section C.1, the contractor will collaborate with the National Department of Health (NDOH) in South Africa to implement a strategic information system for the monitoring of community-based (CB) programs including the Community Health Worker (CHW) Program and a faith-based organization (FBO) program which both provide critical HIV/AIDS services for HIV epidemic control. The contractor will also support internal program planning through analyses of expenditures and other cost and financial data to inform strategic decision-making.
A.1 Task Requirements (Description of Tasks):
A.1.1 Lead the development of metrics to be used to monitor CHW training, upskilling, and placement. Will also revise metrics as necessary.
A.1.2 Lead the development of metrics to be used to monitor CHW performance and revise metrics as necessary.
A.1.3 Lead the development of metrics to be used to monitor FBO performance and revise metrics as necessary.
A.1.4 Systematize the routine review of strategic information for community programs for continued quality improvement.
A.1.5 Lead the protocol development to measure the effectiveness of CHWs and FBOs in contributing to HIV epidemic control.
A.1.6 Track CB program’s expenditure and outlay information, and integrate information to assess program cost-effectiveness.
A.1.7 Utilize performance and quality data to identify opportunities for improvement in the CB program, and provide guidance in developing and implementing the plans for action.
A.1.8 Support the systematic collection, analysis, and use of expenditure data across programmatic activities
A.1.9 As a CDC-South Africa 10/10 site lead, tasks will include:
Review of facility data to identify barriers and challenges in reaching PEPFAR targets.
Development of agreed upon remedial plans and continuous monitoring with Implementing
Close collaboration with Partner and facility staff to ensure remedial plan is being implemented and addressing identified gaps and is confirmed with data.
For sites needing additional support, coordinate and conduct site visits to ensure performance improvement.
No new system-level / complex development or server-based implementation of an IT system is planned or anticipated. Should such need become evident, DGHT will coordinate with CGH’s IIRO and IT Governance team to ensure appropriate evaluation, funding, and performance of any and all EPLC-related activities or expenditures.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Certifications:
• A master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, economics, informatics, statistics, or related field is required;
• 7+ years of experience and expertise in analysis of epidemiologic, program, and economic data;
• 5+ years of experience in the implementation of financial and resource tracking; and monitoring, evaluation, and measurement of program data for effectiveness and efficiency; • Extensive knowledge of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and HIV/AIDS program implementation and evaluation; • Experience managing and implementing a complex monitoring and evaluation system that will integrate program, epidemiological and financial data including data collection, reviewing data quality, data analysis, and dissemination of results;
• Experience providing technical advice to foreign Departments of Health
• Experience developing metrics to measure performance of public health programs;
• Experience evaluating investments within and across community health programs as it relates to health outcomes;
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, specifically in an international setting;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing, including presentation skills.
o Provide writing sample and a power point developed by candidate.
• Experience developing requirements for a health information management system and analyzing data from the system to determine the effectiveness of the health information management system to evaluate performance of a complex health program; • Data management and statistical analysis skills using excel and R, STATA, Tableau, or SPSS statistical software.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now