Job no: 503450
Position type: Fixed Term Staff
Location: Lao People's Democratic Republic
Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
School/Unit: Lao People's Democratic Republic
Department/Office: Vientiane, Lao People's Dem. Rep.
Categories: Child Protection, Support: Programme, G-7
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Sr. Programme Assistant, Child Protection, IMIS No. 18225 at (GS-7) level to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the head of the Child Protection Section, the incumbent will perform a variety of information collecting, monitoring, technical and administrative services of moderate scope and difficulty in support of Child Protection programme activities and ensuring UNICEF procedures for assistance to government and NGOs are followed. Provide continuity in external liaison with government staff, mass organizations and NGOs. The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
(1) Regularly updates and summarizes information reflecting current obligations and future programmed and/or budgetary implications; monitors programme budget allocations, cash assistance advances and performs periodic spot checks of counterparts' records. Raises requisitions and payments etc in VISION.
(2) Maintains and follows-up data collection and effectiveness of Child Protection monitoring system through field visits and meetings with partners; gathers other information through valid and reliable sources on Child Protection programme and projects; reviews reports, and provide inputs as necessary in drafting project documents; provides technical and administrative support to programming, planning and monitoring of the Child Protection Programme.
(3) Monitors and analyses projects/programme activities by reviewing a variety of records, including work plans, progress reports, project inputs, budgets and financial expenditures.
(4) Maintains, logs, files and updates records in prescribed format and system
(5) Prepares background materials, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions, including donor visits.
(6) Provide back-up support to Section head and other members of the Section in programme administration and, if required provide other administration support to the section e.g. minutes taking, translation of incoming and outgoing correspondences.
(7) Perform other duties as and when required.
Qualifications and experience:
Advertised: Mar 13 2017 SE Asia Standard Time
Application close: Mar 24 2017 SE Asia Standard Time
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now