Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D and we want to keep it that way. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D seeks an analytical and entrepreneurial Senior Program Associate to play a key role in the Scaling Innovation practice.
R4D’s Scaling Innovation practice is providing leadership through our unique position managing highly respected global innovation initiatives. First, the practice manages the International Development Innovation Alliance (IDIA), a collaboration platform that brings together the senior leadership from the innovation teams, labs, and departments of leading development agencies. Second, we lead and manage the Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), a data-driven tech platform on a mission to help scale the most promising global development innovations supported by USAID, DFAT, KOICA, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Additionally the practice manages new initiatives leveraging IDIA and GIE, such as the IDIA-led Million Lives Club, which is growing a global community of partners committed to nurturing innovation ecosystems and helping innovators scale to reach the next level of impact which is powered by GIE technology.
R4D’s Scaling Innovation practice works with our partners in agile ways and prioritize rapid, real-time learning to support timely and evidence-based decision-making. We monitor contemporary trends in the innovation landscape (like A.I.) in order to help R4D and our partners anticipate and stay abreast of new developments in science and technology, while helping them think through the implications for responsible innovation policy and practice. Given the uncertainty of the innovation and scaling processes and the differing risk-appetites of institutions, we also invest heavily in relationship management, communication and collaboration in order to establish a strong foundation of trust with our partners.
R4D seeks an analytical and entrepreneurial Senior Program Associate to play a key role in the Scaling Innovation practice. A successful Senior Program Associate within this practice will be highly-motivated, a creative problem solver; have strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills. We are a team that is resourceful, responsible, tenacious, adaptable, and always has a positive attitude.
As the Senior Program Associate, you will provide global development perspective, data management for GIE and other program support for new and ongoing projects within the Scaling Innovation Practice such as the Million Lives Club.
We seek a solutions-oriented, creative, and analytical individual to help us take this work forward. Previous experience in global development, managing projects and analyzing complex data sets is required.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
GIE Data and Insights management including responsibilities such as:
- You will manage and promote the growth of GIE’s data maintaining its status as global development’s largest and leading tech platform for innovations, data and insights. You will play a key role owning and managing the strategic direction of how data is incorporated, analyzed, and showcased on GIE.
- Owning “Data Manifesto” for GIE’s data-driven tech platform, including implementing the data strategy of how the site consumes, analyzes, and showcases data.
- Internal data management, including leading GIE’s Data Team of interns who are responsible for ensuring the steady flow of high-quality data on the GIE platform. Also, creating processes and systems to evaluate data quality, design and implement data quality initiatives.
- Lead the analysis and develop future GIE Insights reports (see Report for Q2 2019)
Program and Operational Support such as:
- Customer Success - Be the first line of support to ensure the success of GIE’s innovators as they use the platform to fundraise more effectively.
- Support innovators’ success on the GIE platform by managing and owning the GIE Help Center.
- Manage the GIE budget and financial projections for overall financial health of project.
- Support the ongoing management of Million Lives Club such as reviewing applications, responding to innovator queries and more.
- BA/BS +3 years of experience or master’s degree + 1 year of experience
- BA (or MA) in public health/administration, business/management, or relevant field
- Proven knowledge and experience in global development, ideally within development innovation-related focus areas (e.g. social entrepreneurship, ICT4D, human-centered design, etc.)
- Strong quantitative skills, including Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and data cleaning and validation. Willingness to learn: Advanced Excel (e.g. macros) and SQL.
- Experience tracking and managing budgets. Familiarity with drafting budgets, preferred.
- Highly collaborative and approachable team member who is enthusiastic about supporting the team and working closely with others at R4D
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, especially with remote team members across various time zones.