- Lead the GF/HIST on integrated policy and programme support for UNDP’s partnership with the Global Fund and in the implementation of large-scale health programmes, leveraging capacities across the GPN;
- Keeps abreast of UNDP and Global Fund rules, policies and processes and provide substantive inputs and implements measures to improve effectiveness and efficiencies and pursues innovative solutions;
- Lead, direct and manage the implementation of the UNDP’s Quality Assurance of Health Products Policy, including training activities and reporting; and
- Ensure that policies, programming tools, state-of-the-art knowledge and sound business practices are incorporated into GF/HIST operations.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance to the GF/HIST on the delivery of high-quality support to Country Offices implementing Global Fund programmes and other large-scale heath programmes (including Gavi), ensuring relevance of the advisory services;
- Deliver authoritative expertise, which creates global recognition of the organization as the authority, source of innovation and effective hub on managing Global Fund programmes and other large-scale health programmes;
- Ensure robust systems to support to Country Offices implementing Global Fund programmes and other large-scale health programmes and global tracking mechanisms for performance and delivery; and
- Drive the application of results-based management and lead and direct the overall risk strategy for Global Fund partnership, in coordination with Regional Bureaus, Legal Office and other UNDP units, including the Office of Audit and Investigations.
- Lead, direct and manage the GF/HIST portfolio and overseeing strategy development, effective work planning, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery;
- Responsible for managing staff, staff recruitment, fostering empowerment, learning and career management and communication among staff and across organizational units;
- Assume responsibility for designing and driving, resource mobilization efforts, resulting in concrete contributions to results and enhanced financing for the GF/HIST and Country Offices;
- Facilitate the inter-linkages between the GF/HIST and various UNDP teams (e.g., Regional Bureaus, OAI) to ensure coherent delivery of results, including as a driver of quality, results knowledge and innovation throughout UNDP.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with Global Fund counterparts, negotiate with Global Fund management in coordination with other UNDP units for all matters relating to the Framework Agreement, mediate and problem-solve as required;
- Represent UNDP, as required, at high level meetings and professional gatherings, including Global Fund meetings, regional meetings, and coordinate UNDP's role vis-a-vis Global Fund within the UN family; and
- Builds, fosters and strengthens strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to carry out UNDP’s mission and achieve results.
- Anchors advocacy activities, information-sharing, and stakeholder management with the aim of keeping the public well informed of UNDP activities, while fostering strategic partnerships with governments, private sector, and community-based organizations.
- Lead the responsive and timely provision of knowledge networks to facilitate global, regional and country participation in events, knowledge dissemination, country exchanges and appropriate transfer of skills;
- Provide substantive leadership to relevant internal and external knowledge networks, which will accumulate information on project management units, consultants, success stories, good practices, impact of investments and financing opportunities that foster innovation and learning in the organization; and
- Strengthens UNDP’s visibility with potential stakeholders through conventional media as well as digital and social media channels and provides efficient communication to all partners in relation to UNDP’s partnership with the Global Fund and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Results Based Management
- Risk Management
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Resource Mobilization
- Knowledge Management
- Advanced university degree in relevant field, including economics, law, public administration, social sciences, and/or public health.
- At least 15 years of professional work experience, with a strong record of providing programming advice in support of development programmes at the international level.
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve demonstrable and high-quality results.
- Substantive experience and results at the international level in the development, negotiation of partnerships and resource mobilisation.
- Strong familiarity with UNDP rules, policies and procedures is required.
- Experience in implementation of risk mitigation activities for donor funds will be desirable.
- Strong familiarity with Global Fund processes and procedures will be desirable.
- Experience working with UNDP Country Offices is strongly preferred.
- Fluency and communication skills in English required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language will be desirable.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension