London with international travel
12 months Fixed Term Contract
Do you want to be part of an organisation that stands up for children every single day? We are looking for an experienced, passionate and self-motivated Senior Philanthropy Adviser (Middle East & New Markets), to join our thriving Partnerships and Philanthropy Team helping our mission to reach more children, working towards our departmental aim of raising £250m by 2020.
Our Fundraising & Marketing department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Senior Philanthropy Adviser (Middle East & New Markets) will:
- Set and implement a strategy to significantly increase income from major donors in the Middle East and the Gulf
- Be responsible for delivering a minimum of £5m of income annually through a portfolio of senior contacts, working closely with the CEO, Chairman, Trustees, Vice Presidents and Senior Executives
- Seek and identify philanthropic opportunities with the global movement, building and maintain networks with Country Programmes and other Save the Children members
- Work closely with the Global Programmes and Policy and Advocacy Divisions, operating on a national and global scale
- Act as Senior Leader within Partnerships and Philanthropy, advising on best practice and driving new business across the department
You will have extensive experience of working within an account management or fundraising environment. You will also have excellent communication skills both face-to-face and on the phone. In addition, you will have:
- Strong inter-personal, influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to work with senior stakeholders, across teams and build strong internal and external networks
- Excellent written skills, knowledge of proposal development, and the creation of compelling communications for donors
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines; with experience of working in dynamic, exciting and fast paced environment.
- An understanding of Supporter Databases with excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of developing people is desirable.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Closing date: 21st July 2019
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.