£38,250 - £45,000
Part-time 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation that stands up for Children? As Senior PR Manager you will lead, develop and deliver PR strategies to meet the communications objectives for existing corporate partnerships, as well as to promote Save the Children to new and prospective partners as sector leading in its approach to a new corporate partnership model.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
Corporate Partnerships is a key funding stream for Save the Children growing by 720% over the last five years. Save the Children’s partnership approach is sector-leading as companies move away from traditional forms of giving towards mutually exclusive, strategic partnerships which meet their business needs, engage customers and inspire all their stakeholders. In this pivotal role you will drive brand awareness and funds for Save the Children, by maximising corporate partner communications to reach new audiences as well as supporting Save the Children campaigns such as our annual Christmas Jumper Day. In addition you will:
- Lead and manage the Partnership PR support function – spanning the Marketing Communications and Fundraising divisions
- Work alongside internal and external stakeholders to deliver on media objectives across a range of existing and new corporate partner accounts, resulting in media coverage in influential media outlets
- Line manage, support and develop Corporate PR Manager.
To be successful you will have tenacity, creativity, strong organisational and relationship building skills and excellent communication skills. You will have extensive experience of working on corporate partnerships and managing consumer PR campaigns in a new business and charity setting. An enthusiastic team player, you will also have:
- Significant experience developing and implementing PR campaigns for charity corporate partners, backed by portfolio/and or evidence of success
- Solid experience of working with various external partners on PR strategies for cause related marketing, events, co-branded marketing activity, global campaigns
- Good project management, planning and prioritisation skills to manage a varied workload and determine team priorities
- Previous line management experience and ability to support, develop and motivate direct line report
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write and edit engaging copy for a range of audiences, across traditional and new mediums
- The ability to be solution focused, with a creative mind and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 2nd September