We are looking for:
A SENIOR NUTRITION AND HEALTH ADVISOR
Based in Paris 17ème **
Responsibilities : Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Expertise & Advocacy Director, your main mission will be to ensure and promote the technical development of the Nutrition & Health sector and to ensure its overall coherence. More precisely, you will be in charge of :
Develop, promote and contribute to the strategies, positioning and operations of the Nutrition & Health Sector Action against Hunger (ACF)
· Ensure and propose an intervention strategy for Nutrition & Health and contribute to the choice of technical priority axes that will strengthen the participation of local partners, civil society and health authorities
· Develop architecture & coherence of the N&H strategies promoting the articulation between emergency and development, prevention and treatment.
· Contribute to the development of ACF International Strategy
Monitor activities in Nutrition & Health, evaluate reporting and promote results
· Define monitoring indicators, ensure consistency and reliability of reporting
· Promote internal and external evaluations of Nutrition & Health programs
· Ensure transparency and accountability for monitoring and effectiveness
· Ensuring technical standards and enrollment in communities of practices
Ensuring the development and monitoring of operational research in Nutrition & Health
· Facilitating reflection on operational research topics and develop a research strategy
· Develop or facilitate the implementation of inter-sectoral projects
· Encourage the co-construction of research based on the issues identified with the partners
· Propose innovations to be put in place to anticipate changes to come
· Disseminate capitalization tools at the level of ACF International and partners
Promote the visibility and awareness of ACF for Nutrition & Health · Represent and promote expertise in Nutrition & Health with donors, research centers, universities, companies, major coordination groups, etc.· Participate in ACF's international network working groups and contribute to strategic decisions · Write and / or contribute to the writing of articles in technical, scientific or public magazines Manage your team and participate in the management of human resources in the sector Nutrition & Health · Contribute to the recruitment of Nutrition & Health employees assigned to the HQ · Develop individual action plans and coordinate annual team evaluation· Develop and deploy a strategy for strengthening the HR skills of the sector · Validate the technical content of headquarters training and regional workshop Qualification and previous experience : You hold of a minimum Master's degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or Nutrition. You have a significant experience of at least 5 years including at least 2 years on Nutrition and Health humanitarian experience in coordination level.
You also master the fundamentals in public health, as well as the principles and theories of nutrition. You also have experience in the practice of approaches and methodologies in epidemiology and global health.
Autonomous and rigorous, you have excellent editorial and interpersonal skills, and know how to communicate effectively.
Concerned about the well-being of your teams, you have excellent skills in team management.
Fluency in both oral and written English is essential. Social science expertise is a plus.
Status : full-time permanent contract provided by ACF according to the French legislation, Cadre Autonome
- Salary conditions : From 43 to 54 K€ gross annual gross over 13 months depending on experience, 21 days of RTT, 20 days of teleworking per year (within the framework of ACF's teleworking policy, after managerial agreement), meal vouchers at 8€ (60% covered by ACF), supplementary health insurance (80% covered by ACF), 50% reimbursement for public transport.
Starting Date:** May, 6 of 2019
Specific conditions and skills : Prolonged sitting, oral expression, screen work, telephone contact, mobility and frequent international travel.
ACF has an employment policy for disabled people.