Job Title: Senior MEAL Officer (National Position)
Duty Station: Antakya - Turkey
Application closing date: 17 January 2017
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
· To ensure that adequate support is provided to designing, planning and targeting of existing and upcoming projects/Programmers’ indicators from MEAL perspectives including; carrying out different early/rapid/needs assessment/baseline surveys and studies and do analysis and validate information using appropriate tools during targeting process in an effective way for selecting the program most vulnerable beneficiaries, along with providing reliable evidence based data and information from the field so that programmed head can design appropriate project for refugees.
· To ensure that all the projects/ program has an MEAL system and functioning effectively through the span of the projects and the development of Results Framework and M&E Matrix that ensure the progress recorded on all levels.
· Ensure that the program has a computerized database using DHIS2, CommCare, ODK, MS Access (if needed) and Excel for collecting and management of regular output and outcome monitoring data and information that projects/ program can use for their regular management decisions and further program quality improvement.
· Systematic review and update the project log frames and indicators tracking sheets and monitoring mechanism under all three field sites for adopting new ideas, definition and updated development based on the stakeholder feedback including community and field experiences (Complaint Response Mechanism, MSC, Case studies).
· To ensure the program and partner staff are trained and confident in using the developed MEAL System; methods, tools and databases by developing plans for capacity building of all staff that is responsible for M&E and data collection, setting up follow-up meetings and additional trainings when necessary.
· To present MEAL in all coordination meetings within and outside IMC.
· Supervise and manage MEAL officers, assistant in Antakya site office to ensure quality data collection, supervise field monitoring, data entry for different studies, IDPs movement update, weekly, monthly and quarterly Output and Outcome progress tracking and preparing other documents.
· Assist MEAL Manager, MEAL Coordinator and program to prepare ToR for baseline and end line study, feasibility study, midterm and final evaluation, and thematic evaluation of the program.
· Ensure the successful implementation of effective methodologies and tools for Post Distribution Monitoring, Wellbeing, Patient/Client Satisfaction, and Access and Coverage Surveys for all relevant programs and quality reporting.
· Schedule the visits for process monitoring and track the monthly data for progress, and changes.
· Budget and adjust M&E activities and staff into project budgets and report on the M&E indicators targets and results throughout the duration of the project.
· To ensure the MEAL findings and learning of the program are appropriately documented and disseminated at the different levels.
· Supporting the project staff to find out case studies (at the beneficiary and community and camp level) and feed such case studies/Most Significant Change stories to the reporting desk and disseminating processed learning with other program staff as well.
· Assist to develop methods and tools for Annual Participatory program review, Accountability and learning reflection workshop/meeting for capturing learning and indication of outcome and impact changes of the targeted communities and disseminating to all level stakeholders.
· Preparing MEAL report regularly that captures process monitoring results, outcomes, impacts of the projects/ program for all sites and recommends the points that need immediate actions and attention by the program Management.
· Support the documentation of key MEAL findings using local language and sharing with the program participants and other key stakeholders.
· Assist to develop methods and tools for diagnostic study identifying the reason of achievement gaps at different sites considering the local context.
· To ensure that the evaluations, research, feasibility studies, cases studies are appropriately carried out through preparing TORs and guidelines.
· Ensure that the data is validated through triangulation and that the TPM mechanisms are in place where relevant.
· Assist with the recruitment and selection of qualified field or site staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination when necessary.
· Make sure that the recruitment and interview process for all staff, including short-term enumerators and data entry positions are conducted following each step properly in communication with the HR.
· Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Trainings / Capacity Building:
· Ensure that the MEAL and the program staff are trained properly to use the databases and other software for data collection, management, and extraction.
· Train the enumerators, data collector and entry staff on topics related to qualitative and quantitative data collection and entry techniques, including survey & interview conducting skills.
· Reports to IMC Turkey MEAL Manager on technical and administrative issues.
· Works closely with the MEAL Officers and MEAL Assistants in MEAL department to ensure the harmonization of processes and mechanism.
· Works closely with the Grant and Reporting Team in order to take part in the proposal development, provide the necessary results for donor reports and update all indicator trackers for each grant.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, administration, or other related field
· Good report writing and analytical skills, High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English/ Arabic and Turkish.
· Experience in data collection and analysis via quantitative and qualitative tools surveys preferred
· Experience with data management by using DHIS2 and Access is required
· Experience with data analysis software (SPSS, SYSTAT) desirable
· Experience with mobile data collection specially ODK collect, ONA and KOBO is required
· Desire to learn, flexibility, willingness to ask questions
· Adherence to IMC Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel