The Senior International Recruiter will be responsible for creating and promoting an enabling environment for the identification, attraction, hiring, and retention of qualified candidates for World Learning’s home and field office opportunities. In conjunction with the Human Resources (HR) Divisional Vice President (DVP), and internal stakeholders, the Senior International Recruiter will design, implement, and monitor recruitment processes to maintain high quality recruitment and enhance the company’s competitive advantage, including ensuring compliant recruitment procedures and tools, and training resources for staff. Additionally, the Senior International Recruiter will partner with the Business Development Unit (BDU) and Global Development and Exchange (GDE) to support World Learning’s capture and proposal processes and develop recruitment strategies.
· Coordinate with World Learning’s HR, technical teams, and hiring managers on full-cycle recruitment: identify and advise on recruitment needs; draft position requirements; and develop and manage advertisements for home-office and field office personnel;
· Create and implement innovative and appropriate sourcing methodologies, to meet current and anticipated staffing needs, and build a pipeline for future roles, using traditional and online advertising, and professional networks;
· Partner with BDU, project implementation teams, and support units to identify strategic staffing and skill requirements for current positions and proposals, and oversee pipelines of key personnel and other key administrative, managerial, and technical staff for capture and pre-sol phases;
· Manage and ensure successful completion of proposal, home office and field office recruits, which includes working with a multitude of hiring managers and effectively communicating candidate availability, salary, and overall strengths and weaknesses;
· Contribute to the production of final personnel/recruitment related documents in proposals, including personnel and management sections, bioblurbs, illustrative rosters, and skills matrices;
· Maintain recruitment records, and effectively manage the recruitment database to track skills, history, and status of candidates to facilitate rapid response to future solicitations;
· Provide support as needed to field offices to ensure HR compliance and identify gaps in the HR files and provided guidance on how to address outstanding issues prior to project startup and closeout;
· Institutionalize the recruitment process in the home office and the field office. Ensure that the department’s systems and processes are in place, documented and communicated to World Learning’s global staff;
· Ensure World Learning’s compliance with USG and cooperating country local laws, as well as client/donor rules and regulations governing full-cycle recruitment and staffing, including maintaining and ensuring compliance with EEO and OFCCP guidelines;
· Identify and participate in external and internal events to generate candidate referrals and promote World Learning;
· Manage the department’s recruitment tracker of assignments.
Development & Training:
· Lead development and implementation of compliant recruitment systems and process improvement, including policies, procedures, best practices, tools, and resources, and ensure that they are efficient, timely, and responsive to client needs;
· Provide recruitment training and support, including the design, development, and delivery of formal training workshops to build capacity with headquarters and field office staff, and educate and support management and staff in implementation of recruitment policies and procedures;
· Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic recruitment planning, and support the planning efforts of BDU;
· Train and mentor junior staff and ensure professional development.
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, education, or a related technical field;
· A minimum of six years of experience in full-cycle recruitment, with at least three years of experience working for an international development organization on donor-funded field projects;
· Experience in recruitment planning, organizational development, sourcing, interviewing, negotiation, and hiring; as well as in-depth knowledge of EEO, USAID, and other USG/bilateral donor employment and compliance regulations;
· Demonstrated knowledge of international development and USAID and other donor-funded programming;
· Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, and develop staff;
· Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player;
· Proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.