- Undertakes a variety tasks to help preparing accounting and financial reports; carries out administrative functions; maintains and updates financial records; maintains sound internal controls; prepares reports; and as relevant.
- Contributes in the preparation of financial and other reports, as required under the supervision of a senior local staff, ensuring reported amounts are accurate and produced in a timely.
- Coordinate with relevant areas in tracking and monitoring timely preparation of various schedules required to finalize the reports.
- Reviews and identifies computer requirements for effective and efficient operation; ensures the accuracy and reliability of systems; proposes changes to existing systems and coordinates the needs of the work area with OIST through the International Staff in charge.
Accounting Controls and Processing
- Assist in preparing periodical analysis in a timely and accurate manner; undertakes initial investigation of discrepancies and proposes corrective actions for review by supervising staff.
- Processing of transactions and preparation of reports. Reviews and verifies the accuracy, consistency and propriety of supporting documents. Gathers and analyzes data or information from a variety of sources to assist in producing timely and accurate analysis and reports.
- Assists in developing and implementing business process and controls and compliance testing of processes as part of ADB's effort in providing a Management Assertion over the adequacy of internal control over financial reporting.
- Coordinates and obtains/provides required information in accordance with established procedures in a tactful manner.
OthersPerforms any other assignments as required, including the preparation of draft memoranda and external correspondence for supervisors' review.
Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, major in Accounting; Certified Public Accountant.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word and MS Excel, and large accounting related software, such as Oracle ERP
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose
- Good working knowledge of ADB's procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of the work
- Ability to plan and coordinate schedules and requirements to meet deadlines
- Analytical and systematic, with strong numerical skills and attention to details
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment