TITLE: Senior Cost and Pricing Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director, Resource Mobilization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
EngenderHealth’s vision is Women and Girls First. The vision is underpinned by the mission, namely catalyzing the value of women and girls by harnessing the power of sexual and reproductive rights and health. EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival.
The Senior Cost & Pricing Analyst leads and coordinates commercial tender preparation across EngenderHealth in collaboration with the Resource Mobilization team, Program Management team, country teams, and the Finance team. S/he will strengthen and ensure compliance with donor rules/regulations and processes for the development of cost proposals for public and private tenders. S/he will also interface with relevant HQ and country teams to ensure an understanding of the tender requirements and establish competitive and defensible cost and pricing data for the development of cost proposals in accordance with relevant tender specifications. S/he will collect and analyze financial data on existing contracts, determine unit costs, assist with budget estimation efforts, develop cost/price models based on value for money principles, and prepare ad hoc reports. S/he will also coordinate with relevant teams and senior staff in developing pricing strategies and making cost decisions. Ability to travel 35% of the time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
· Set and maintain standards for quality preparation of the cost proposals (including pricing, reps and certs, cost narrative, and other required documents), documentation and storage of relevant files, support subcontractors in relation to their cost proposal submissions.
· Perform detailed review and quality control of active tenders including required budget schedules, proformas, budget spreadsheets, and budget narratives
· Ensure that cost proposals are prepared in close coordination with country teams and the Finance team and align with the organization budget and project work plans/budgets.
· Supervise, coach, and mentor team of cost and pricing specialists and consultants to ensure a successful cost proposal is developed and submitted for every tender.
· Support the transition of the financial management of awards to permanent staff during project start-up.
· Fills in gaps by performing tasks where needed and finding solutions for challenges in the process.
· Develop and regularly update a commercial tender manual
· Develop templates and tools for efficient and effective cost proposal preparation.
· Ensure cost and pricing specialists and consultants are well trained and skilled in cost proposal development across a diverse group of donors.
· Develop and regularly update curriculum for building capacity of country staff to effectively manage cost proposal development.
· Collaborate with Finance and Grants and Contracts team to maintain long term funding database to track committed funding as well as new funding submitted/likely.
· Collaborate with the Resource Mobilization team, Program Management, Finance team, and country teams on a variety of financial activities including unit cost analysis, return on investment/value for money analysis, and assessing new donors.
· Develop pricing strategies and presentation budgets for various contracting mechanisms, e.g. RFA, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Results Based Financing, etc.
· Oversee and gather sourcing and verification of pricing information and unit costs.
· Offer pricing scenarios making cost proposals more competitive and cost efficient.
· Coordinate with management and other staff members in order to provide current and accurate cost and pricing date/information.
· Contribute to business case development and analysis.
Judgment - Demonstrates sense of ownership, being conscientious in the discharge of leadership mandates, and accepting of the consequences of one’s actions. Determines when leadership should be shown vs. suppressed; when collaboration is appropriate vs. going it alone; when to demonstrate humility vs. confidence; and when to be temperate vs. bold.
Role-modeling - Role-models appropriate behaviors; communicates and monitors measurable standards which the behavior of others must meet; addresses inappropriate behavior from others.
Problem Solving - Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
Partnering and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with external partners and staff; builds wide and effective networks within and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels and manages conflict. Collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
Applying Technical Expertise - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
Analyzing - Analyzes numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Learning and Researching - Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
Entrepreneurial Thinking - Keeps up to date with trends in own work area; identifies opportunities for advancing ENGENDERHEALTH’s mission; maintains awareness of developments in the organizational structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness and a concern for cost-effectiveness.
Persuading and Influencing - Gains agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others inside and outside ENGENDERHEALTH; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage one’s impression on others.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
· Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related field
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with cost and pricing analysis for public and private contracting mechanisms.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in USAID and DFID cost proposal preparation.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong spreadsheet and communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team oriented environment.
· Ability to provide good customer service to internal/external clients and to discuss and explain budget & pricing topics with program implementation and technical personnel.
· Strong writing skills and advanced-level proficiency with Excel are required.
· Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, CAS, and DCAA rules and regulations.
· Self-starter attitude and be able to thrive in a management structure where supervision is minimal but high standards are maintained.
· Ability to coordinate and motivate a cross-functional team (to include Program Managers, Contracts Management, Recruitment, Accounting & Finance, Country Teams).
· Detail oriented, independent, and analytical.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, able to work in a matrixes organization, and manage time effectively are critical skills.
· Must be comfortable and respectful of EngenderHealth’s programming that promotes women’s rights, gender equality, sexual diversity and LGBTQ rights.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth is organized in teams, with each team managed by a program manager. As a result, additional duties may be assigned to this position; responsibilities changed or deleted based on team assignments and re-structuring; and direct supervisor is subject to change. Decisions regarding applications for this position and employment at EngenderHealth should be based on this information.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now