Senior Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Specialist,
Ukraine Monitoring and Learning Support Contract,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus (USAID/Ukraine) is anticipating a five-year contract to assist in its monitoring and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). This contract is contingent upon award and is expected to begin in August 2019.
**Please note: Ukrainian citizens are highly desired for this position
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Senior CLA Specialist must support Mission collaboration, learning and adapting tasks by contributing initially to the PMP, ensuring that CLA is considered, included, discussed and scheduled by Mission stakeholders and appropriate USAID Mission staff. S/he must also be responsible for supporting the specific tasks throughout the life of the CDCS, that promote CLA. Tasks may include but are not limited to: cross-office synergizing; collaboration across development objectives; analyzing and using learning from activities; conducting and facilitating pause and reflect events for the Mission; engaging stakeholders; making adaptation recommendations; and supporting staff capacity-building. This is a full-time position expected to begin soon after award.
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting trainings and workshops on topics related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and/or CLA skills in a development context.
- Minimum of a masters degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields is required. A bachelors degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant professional experience may be substituted.
- Experience with USAID or another donor is preferred.
- Ability to be collaborative, flexible and creative with a learning-oriented management style.
- Experience managing staff and/or teams is required.
- Familiarity with scenario planning and the use of scenarios/trajectories in program planning and adaptation is a plus.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to establish strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com