WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 17 February 2019 till 03 March 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration : one year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). Job holders typically work under general supervision of Regional/Country Directors and directly report to the Senior Security Officers, or Deputy Country Director in COs. Job holders operate under close guidance and receive regular feedback on work performed. They are involved in security operational support activities and analytical work of limited complexity.
To support the management of WFP’s security day-to-day operations to facilitate the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Strategic approach to security risk management
Demonstrates understanding of strategic approaches to security to identify potential threats. Contributes to the creation and implementation of WFPs mitigation measures.
Operational knowledge of security risk management
Exhibits good understanding of day to day security operations. Works within own remit to proactively contribute to solutions to single or multiple elements of organisational security challenges.
Security resource management
Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.
Analysis and solution development
Demonstrates understanding of key UN inter-governmental body partner agencies. Understands implications of security information and reports and supports in the identification of mitigating actions against threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.
Planning compliance and emergency management
Supports in planning and prioritisation practices in-line with established security policies and procedures.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses. A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
Experience: Typically one year or more of progressively responsible professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing support staff.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good theoretical understanding of security management concepts and principals with a knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
• Ability to assimilate a range of information and make basic analyses to support the development of efficient solutions.
• Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
• Ability to contribute to and/or deliver effective briefing and training, assessing participant needs.
• Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has supported projects and operational activities that maintain security operations functions and feed into overall strategic aims
• Has routinely provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise
• Has collated data, assisted in analysis and drafting reports that inform security operations activities
WFP is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of all staff members. Accordingly, it seeks to offer a safe and healthy working environment focusing on balancing the professional and personal demands of its personnel of all contract types and thus WFP offers flexible working options.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
· Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
· Exact Position Title
· Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
· Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
· Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
· A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
· Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now