Security Guard and Safety Assistant will provide support for all aspects of the day-to-day access controlling to UNDP premises and facilities, in addition to assist of the safety and security of all UNDP personnel, eligible dependants/partners, assets, facilities,. In terms of functional day-to-day operations related to UNDP security, the Security Guard and Safety Assistant will report to the Country Office Security Associate (COSA).
Access control management:
- Provide security coverage at the entry points of a UNDP premises and/or annexes to prevent entry of unauthorized persons;
- Handle security access control procedures and equipment (X-ray, walk through metal detector, CCTV);
- Stop suspicious bags, packages or persons from entering the premises and report it immediately to the security officer;
- Maintain alertness for any potential or actual breach of security and any disturbance or unusual activity;
- Report to the security officer all safety and security related issues and comply the guidance of the security officer;
- Report immediately to the security officer any difficult situation with any visitor;
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage, monitoring logbooks, and updating data.
Assist to pertain physical security measures and contingency plan:
- Assist the security team in real emergencies and during building evacuation drills;
- Assist to call and locate staff in emergencies upon the request of the security officer;
- Assist the security office in the regular update of the staff contact numbers and addresses;
- Report premises malfunctions and maintenance needs to the security officer;
- Provide security coverage at UNDP events and workshops when requested by the security officer;
- Responsibility of answering security hotline when on duty, and keeping staff contacts updated and available on the phone contact book;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by security officer;
- Due to the job requirement, security guards must have the ability to work flexible shifts and different work modality and/or overtime when required by the senior supervisor and under the HR rules and guidance;
- Perform a physical patrol during night shift into UNDP and sister agencies in Al-Mazzeh hub.
Assist to maintain staff attendance and visitors log books:
- Maintain a log book for registering UNDP visitor’s names, IDs, time in and time out;
- Provide “Visitors' ID Card” to UNDP visitors and make sure to keep identity card that belongs to visitors;
- Accompany VIP visitors to the Resident Representative, their Deputies offices and staff member offices;
- Provide coverage at the reception area upon the request of the security officer;
- Identify all staff and maintain a log book for registering their time in and time out;
- Maintain a Dispatch/ receiving book, record correctly all incoming and outgoing mail;
- General administrative tasks in support of the UNDP security team.
Technical Support to maintain telephone communication system:
- Act as telephone operator and update the UNDP telephone list, UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts;
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol;
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair;
- Weekly check and test of all lines.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
Planning & Organizing:
- Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusting priorities as required.
- Adheres to organizational rules, regulations and standards.
- Provides services, support, advice, guidance to internal or external clients, and seeks to see things from their points of view.
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services.
Commitment to Learning:
- Keeps abreast of new occupational/professional developments.
- Secondary Education;
- A first-level university degree in combination with 1 year of qualifying experience may be accepted.
- 4 year of experience in Safety/ Reception services and Administration is required;
- Experience with UN Agencies is an asset.
- Good in oral and written Arabic and English is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension