SAFETY & SECURITY OFFICER (ANTICIPATED HIRING)
2-Year Marawi Response Project
Save the Children is seeking to complete a Marawi Response Project Team at all levels: Leader, Officer/ Coordinator and Assistant positions for an anticipated 2-year grant-funded project in Marawi, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao.
The project will advance durable solutions for those displaced by the Marawi crisis in these main areas:
* Supporting local economic recovery and development; and,
* Strengthening social cohesion.
This will involve collaboration with national, regional and local government offices including the Task Force Bangon Marawi and member agencies such as the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of labor and Employment, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Trade and Industry, Mindanao Development Authority, Office of the Civil Defense, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Regional Government of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur, city government of Marawi and other local government units, etc. and other critical partners
* Serves as area safety and security focal person in the team's area of assignment; provides the safety and security management including monitoring of early warning indicators, contingency planning and preparedness; and to implement and constantly review the effectiveness of the approved Safety and Security Management Plan for the field office
* Functions include: assess and regularly monitor security and safety situation in the field to determine appropriate action; maintain a network for exchange of reliable information on-the-ground situation; ensure compliance with safety and security standards for office, vehicles and project activity sites; lead in preparedness and execution of contingency safety and security procedures from staff security briefings to evacuation; submit incident reports; and manage day to day security including tracking of movements of staff and visitors and provide updated consolidate information to the senior management.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least college level; previous training and experience in implementing and managing safety and security situations;
* Desirable experience: familiarity in the Mindanao area, working for large groups of staff; NGO / INGO work
* Works well in highly stressful situations
* Conscientious, thorough when following processes
* Good communicator with excellent written and spoken English
* Functional computer literate in of MS Office software in maintaining trackers and contact lists
* Highly organized, attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
Contract Length: Fixed-Term Position for two (2) years based in Marawi Lanao del Sur, Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
To expedite receipt and processing of the various applications please email as follows:
* Email to:
* Use Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – POSITION TITLE – Last name, First name)
Sample Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – EDUCATION COORDINATOR – dela Cruz, Anna
Note, in the event of being short-listed, the applicant candidate shall be required to submit a donor-specific bio-data form that will require specific data of among others:
* Current residential address, telephone number, email address
* Date of birth, citizenship
* Education – indicating university, degrees obtained and dates; specialist education
* Membership in professional associations
* Other trainings
* Countries of work; languages spoken (including local dialects)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.