IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Provide support in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, methodologies, analytics and procedures pertaining to ADB's credit risk, and IT systems used in risk management.
Use analytic, quantitative and qualitative methods to provide support in:
- developing policies and methodologies on capital adequacy, exposure limits, and provisioning
- developing tools and methodologies for credit risk ratings
- developing tools and methodologies for pricing of credit and other risks of a transaction
- developing methods for capital planning
- research and data gathering on best market practice in risk management, including the practices of other multilateral development banks and Ratings Agencies
- responding to queries from users of ADB’s rating and pricing tools
- designing and implementing IT systems for risk management
- preparation of various risk management and other reports
- maintenance and control of various risk management and financial reporting processes, including those of loan loss provisioning and reserving
- facilitating training on risk methodologies and tools
- other analytical work as may be assigned by the position's immediate supervisor.
The work will be done both independently and in concert with the other staff.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, math or other quantitative area.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or MBA qualification would be desirable.
- At least 5 years experience in commercial banks, consulting firms, or similar financial institutions; preferably in the areas of credit and financial analysis
- Working knowledge of assigned area
- Familiarity with best industry practices in risk management such as Basel II, etc.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Proficient in standard software programs and information technologies; good knowledge in analytical tools. Familiarity with sources of market data such as Bloomberg or Reuters is helpful.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff or senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive environment.