The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is growing! We are currently looking to fill Risk Education and Non-Technical Survey Advisor/Project Managers positions in a number of countries in our global operations. DDG is a specialized unit within the Danish Refugee Council and is one of the only international NGO’s which offers integrated programming in mine action, armed violence reduction, protection, livelihoods and emergency response.
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Detailed planning of project roll-out, activities, and expansion in coordination with the DDG Head of Programme;
- Supervising technical projects implementation and staff in their duties;
- Responsible for the quality assurance and quality control of all NTS and MRE activities;
- Projects monitoring and evaluation;
- High-level liaison work with stakeholders, including local authorities, non-state actors, project donors and other mine action organizations in the project implementation locations;
- Coordinating and delivering training and retraining of project staff;
- Ensuring the implementation of projects according to DDG Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and International Mine Action Standards (IMAS);
- Lead preparation of design of funding proposals to expand the portfolio RE, CL and NTS related activities.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a strong background in project management and strategic planning. RE and NTS Advisors/Project Managers have the primary function of providing technical advice to the staff under their responsibility. Your role is to develop staff capacity, in particular from a strategic point of view focusing on planning, operational statistics, information management, and innovative approaches.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Relevant university or vocational higher education (management, military officers' school, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years documented professional international technical experience in humanitarian mine action operations
- Proven understanding of IMAS, NMAS, SOPs and land release principles
- Hands on experience with RE, Non-Technical Survey and Land Release concept
- Excellent command of project management activities, with proven record of achievements
- Good computer skills including proficiency in using Excel, Word, Access, Google Earth, and GIS
- Strong administrative and organizational ability
- Excellent management and personnel skills – a calm and diplomatic disposition will be preferred
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local authorities
- Willingness to live and work in remote and isolated area under basic conditions
- Fluency in spoken and written English; second languages are an advantage in particular French and Spanish
- Track record of establishing and maintaining effective professional relations with relevant stakeholders, in particular mine action authorities as well as national and international mine action implementing partners;
- Good knowledge of UN International Ammunition Technical Guidelines;
- First Aid training and knowledge of medical response requirements in mine action.
Contract length: 1 year, with possibility of extension.
Level: Salary will be commensurate with experience and level of responsibility. DDG’s salary scale includes a Base Salary and an Explosives Allowance and comprehensive insurance.
Depending on the duty station, there will be eligibility for an additional Location Allowance, per diem and regular Rest & Recuperation benefits.
Annual home leave and pension are included after one year.
Designation of Duty Station: Various – Currently we are looking at filling positions in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria Ukraine, South Sudan, Yemen.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Fatmire Uka at Fatmire.email@example.com.