Location: Flexible, where Oxfam has an office
Oxfam International is unable to guarantee the obtaining of a work permit for the role. Candidates must have and be able to retain the legal right to work in the location of the post
Contract: 1-year fixed term contract (subject to being able to establish a contract of employment with the hosting affiliate)
Salary: in line with Oxfam Values & subject to location
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
The Oxfam International Secretariat is currently headquartered in Nairobi, with offices in Oxford, Washington DC, New York, Brussels, Geneva, and a liaison office with the Africa Union in Addis Ababa.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam International Secretariat is looking for a Risk and Assurance Project Manager who will be responsible to manage projects within the remit of the Risk & Assurance team which includes anti-terrorism financing, anti-fraud and corruption, risk management and internal audits. To start with he or she will manage the implementation of the Anti-Terrorism Financing policy and protocols. He or she will report directly to the Associate Director Risk and Assurance.
Our next Risk and Assurance Project Manager will require a range of skills and experience.
- Master’s Degree in operations management or business administration or other relevant degrees that include a risk management component
- At least 5-years-experience in managing projects of implementation of policies, tools, procedures, etc.
- Experience of rolling out ways of working and tools across multiple countries and layers of staff
- Basic knowledge of risk management, anti-fraud and corruption and anti-terrorism financing topics
- Ability to operate in a complex environment of change, comfortable with navigating overlapping roles and responsibilities and bringing stakeholders together, influencing across departments and functions
- Proactiveness and flexibility in switching styles in order to achieve job objectives
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Negotiation and team building skills and ability to work effectively with others to advance a shared agenda
- Strong communication skills, including facilitation, active listening and the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, engaging way
- A proven ability to focus on key issues and the ‘big picture’ as opposed to a compliance-only approach; and the ability to communicate these in writing
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Exceptionally high collaboration skills
Please see the job description for further details.