Job Title: Research Program Manager (x2)
Position Summary: The Research Program Managers will divide responsibility for one of SREO’s long-term agreement client’s multi-sectoral portfolio of work. Work covered will involve coordinating and facilitating the research program management life cycle: from inception to implementation, reporting, and presenting of findings including provision of actionable recommendations to partners for projects in Syria in a variety of sectors: WaSH, Health, Education, Nutrition and Child Protection. The Research Program Managers will also have opportunities to collaborate and lead on other SREO projects in line with their monthly work allocation.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of extension (3-month probationary period)
Reports to: Managing Director and Founder & CEO
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Work independently or in teams (depending on the project) to carry out SREO’s research projects ethically and efficiently at the micro-level:
• Produce project work and implementation plans;
• Design and improve project methodologies and qualitative/quantitative tools including but not limited to surveys, questionnaires, checklists, structured and semi-structured interviews, etc.;
• Work with the project team to determine information needs and data collection procedures, in line with Do No Harm Principles and Core Humanitarian Standards.
Data Management and Analysis
• Collaborate in conducting research by working with SREO teams, clients, and partners;
• Communicate data collection needs (work plans with locations and focal point information) to Field Coordinators;
• Communicate with Field Coordinators and Translation team to ensure that data is collected and processed in a quality and timely manner;
• Develop research and ME&V methodologies and work plans;
• When able and appropriate, participate in data collection for research projects, such as conducting interviews, surveys or other data collection methods with key informants;
• Compile and analyze data to draft ME&V and research products and other client reports and products;
• Manage project timelines, to ensure ME&V and research is carried in a timely and ethical manner.
Reporting and Communication
• Draft, revise and finalize completed project deliverables including but not limited to MV&E inception and data reports, studies, and presentations;
• Meet regularly with stakeholders, clients, Field Coordinators/Researchers/Monitors to collect and communicate client requirements, set expectations for ME&V and research projects and present findings, when necessary;
• Participate in SREO team meetings, where appropriate, such as all-staff meetings and Research Team meetings, etc.
• Provide technical advice to the Business Development Team for technical proposals as requested;
• Develop ideas for self-commissioned studies and/or other projects to expand SREO’s expertise and portfolio.
• Participate in SREO-initiated professional development sessions;
• Improve knowledge and abilities in conducting research through personal development and staying abreast of current methods in research methodological practices;
• Contribute to SREO’s working environment by encouraging knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Three to five years of experience in the development field or closely related field, and experience in working with donors and governments;
· Experience managing small scale ME&V, Research, and Learning projects, with knowledge of industry-standard research technology;
· Preferred proficiency in project management, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, execution, quality assurance, and reporting;
· Ability to plan, coordinate, organize, effectively communicate, with strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
· Demonstrated understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Verification, Accountability, and Learning;
· Ability to analyze and be a proactive problem-solver;
· Fluent English, demonstrated experience writing reports in English;
· Preferred knowledge of Arabic, Turkish, Kurdish, or other languages;
· Experience with GIS mapping, Kobo Collect, SPSS, Qualtrics, NVivo, MaxDQA, or other analytical tools preferred.
SREO Consulting is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation and research consultancy headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Iraq, Syria, Tunisia and Mali. SREO was founded in 2013 and provides M&E and research services to the public sector, international development institutions, INGOs/ NGOs and private companies. Our mission is to inform the development of effective strategies for stakeholders and donors engaged in humanitarian responses in the Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.