Research Assistant will support the research projects and work with Research Officer to ensure that the project remains on schedule. Research Assistant will conduct the field research, including the interview, FGD, review and analyze data during the course of the project.
· Collect data and conduct literature reviews
· Prepare interview questions and interview subjects
· Have conversation and collect stories from community members
· Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
· Transcribe story, interview and conversation
· Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study
· Compile data for progress reports
· Any other duties as required by the line manager in line with the grade of the post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Education, Knowledge and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in a social science subject
· Experience conducting social research in a university, think tank, charity or consultancy
· Experience of conducting and organising qualitative fieldwork
· Ability to set priorities
· Ability to manage information with discretion
· Attention to detail
· Planning and scheduling
· Data Collection
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and motivate and provide leadership to team and to work in a multicultural environment.
· Solutions focused, creative problem solver.
· Proven ability to build relationships with the full range of actors including government, chiefs, military, police and non-state actors.
· The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· Ability to interact confidently in English with colleagues and external contacts, to write documents and reports, and to present effectively relevant information.
· Good skills in Microsoft Office applications.
Other Specialized Requirements
· Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.