The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. Over 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
Our Clinical Operations Unit is specialized in the conduct of clinical trials for poverty-related diseases in resource-limited settings. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work alongside our team as:
Research Administration Specialist (80-100%)
We are looking for a self-motivated, trustworthy and reliable Research Administration Specialist. The post-holder will have a key role in facilitating research management and the smooth running of our department office, which contributes in driving sustainable growth, maintaining research efficiency and subjects’ safety.
This is a great opportunity to work in a clinical research operational environment with experienced staff, providing an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in clinical research in a non-profitable setting and low-income countries. This position is available immediately or on mutual agreement.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to support the study teams in all administrative matters
- Handling of payments and invoices to customers and consultants. Management of internal reimbursements. Support of project team with budgeting and tracking
- Preparation of monitoring trackers, maintenance as well as contracts for consultants
- Set-up and maintenance of the Trial Master File
- Preparation, filing and archiving of clinical trial documentation and reports according to the scope of work and standard operating procedures. Act as a central contact for the clinical team for designated project communications and associated correspondence
- Arrangement of travel and meetings, organization of study material
- Administrative duties and assist colleagues whenever necessary
You should have the following experiences and skills in:
- Fluent in English and French. German is an asset
- Diploma/qualification in office administration or relevant field
- Proven experience as an office administrator with a minimum of 2 years administrative experience within a busy environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with health settings
- Interest in projects in resource limited countries
- Good working knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with finance tools such as SAP and/or SAGE
- Exposure or experience in clinical research with knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) guidelines
- Experience of working in administration in a legal environment
For further information about the position, please visit our website
Start Date: 1 October 2019
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 1 year in the first instance
Travel Required? No