Working location: Lebanon, Beirut or Amman, Jordan
Contract duration: 12 Months
Start date: as soon as possible
Reporting to: The Regional Emergency Response Head of Department
The regional Refugee Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the Member Associations (MAs) to be prepared for refugee crises response; this includes assisting in the development of refugee response strategies including appropriate communication and advocacy aspects, for Member Associations. Additionally, the incumbent is in charge of monitoring, evaluation and coordination, of refugee response programs in the regions this also involves providing expert advice to key association´s stakeholders in MAs and the federation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Responsible for the coordination and alignment of the refugee response programmes and adequate implementation of related activities in the region including assessment, monitoring and evalutation
· Together with International Director Global ER and International Director Region, define and adjust SOS CV refugee response strategy and oversee its practical application
· Support the Glolbal Refugee Coordinator with the implementation of overall communcation and advocacy strategies with the effort to impact on regional policies and practises for refugee and migrant children.
· Contribute to the development of partnerships with international institutions peer organizations and foundations at the regional level to increase the outreach on refugee response programms.
· In cooperation with the Global Refugee Coordinator develop advocacy positions in line with SOS CV policies, experience and expertise in providing services to migrant and refugee children
· Lead on situation analysis and programme proposal development to secure funding for the refugee programmes as per identified needs
· Supervise financial management and ensure that all reporting deadlines and donor/SOS CV procedures are respected (monthly sit-reps; quarterly report). Participate to the refugee response budget preparations and validate the final outcome.
· Provide timely updates and advise the International Director Region and International Director GER to facilitate the rapid response and decision-making that is required
· Coordinate training (in and out-house) and capacity building measures to IOR-staff and national ER teams in collaboration with regional HROD
· As required assists and provides input on child protection and safeguarding and capacity building efforts to the Head and/or Advisor of the Emergency Response Programm.
Ensure adherence to SOS CV policies such as the Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Standards and others as well as to the minimum standards of humanitarian relief (ICRC Code of Conduct, Sphere, CPMS)
PROFILE & COMPETENCIES
· Demonstrated experience in emergency project management including emergency needs assessment, project design, develelopment and implementation
WHAT WE OFFER:
Diverse and challenging tasks in an international working environment with a meaningful cause in providing a loving home for every child. Opportunities for further planning and development and a competitive salary that will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel