I. Position Information
Post Title: Regional Project Coordinator – Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Egypt
II. Organizational Context/ Background
Within its Regional Programme for the Arab States to Prevent and Combat Crime, Terrorism and Health Threats and Strengthen Criminal Justice Systems in Line with International Human Rights Standards, UNODC is implementing projects in the fieldS of Anti Corruption and Anti Money laundering and under the overall supervision of the Regional Representative, and the direct supervision of the Head of the Programme Coordination and Analysis Unit, the Regional Project Coordinator will provide substantive and administrative lead to the “Action Against Corruption in the MENA Region” project. The Regional Project Coordinator will be responsible for project/programme development; design project portfolios and promote organizational capacity; build partnerships; ensure coordination and synergies with other national and regional programmes. The Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure visibility and advocacy.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
Analysis, Advice and Support
▪ Identify, analyze, partciapte in potential fundraising opportunities and advice on how best to attract and secure resources from commitments made by development partners to assist countries in the region to combat corruption and money laundering;
▪ Provide strategic and substantive support and advice to implementing and executing entities, in order to enhance their technical capacity to combat and prevent corruption and money laundering;
▪ Identify challenges, opportunities, priorities and needs for the development and implementation of the regional project.
Coordination and Provision of technical and oversight support to the implementation of the regional anti-corruption project
▪ Provide guidance on substantive, as well as financial and programme/project management issues to expert meetings and other consultative meetings;
▪ Coordinate the development of short, medium and long term action plans of the regional
project, including timely annual and quarterly work plans, whilst taking into account emerging issues;
▪ Review and provide quality feedback and effective comments to periodic reports, specifically on reporting against results and including lessons learned;
▪ Lead the preparation of quarterly, annual and financial reports and submission to donors and other relevant stakeholders, with a special view to capturing lessons learned and best practices for improving the performance in the future;
▪ Coordinate drafting of TORs for consultancies / services;
▪ Supervise staff and consultants work, in addition to reviewing and assessing products/services provided by consultants and experts counterparts, and recommend appropriate actions for improvement of results.
Provide substantive technical advisory support on anti-corruption and anti-money laundering related issues
▪ Provide support and technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on combating and preventing corruption and money laundering;
▪ Lead field and technical missions to assess the needs and elaborate assistance proposals with governments, international funding institutions and UN agencies; draft the appraisals/assessments of the project ideas and proposals for technical assistance;
▪ Contribute to the identification of emerging trends, policy and programme challenges, opportunities and the formulation of strategies for addressing them; develop and propose strategies for the delivery of appropriate technical assistance; provide input to policy and strategy documents; identify and elaborate programme interventions for providing relevant advisory services to countries and for intergovernmental forums;
▪ Perform other work related duties as required.
- Demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively and demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Willing to undertake other assignments as provided by the UNODC Regional Representative.
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral including networking and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to persuade and influence others to cooperate.
- Planning, organizing and managing performance:
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and to use time efficiently;
- Ability to organize and implement activities and outputs;
- Ability to maintain focus and pay attention to necessary details.
- Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support;
- Drives for change and improvements;
- Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and encouraging the equal participation of women and men in areas of work.
- Identifies the key issues in a complex situation;
- Gathers relevant information before making a decision;
- Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them;
- Proposes a course of action based on all available information
- Checks assumptions against facts.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in law, public policy, public administration or relevant discipline is required.
▪ A minimum of five (5) years of extensive working experience in development, project coordination, policy development, analysis is required;
▪ Proven experience in the field of combating and preventing corruption and money laundering;
▪ Experience supporting authorities, judiciary or other relevant institutions, including national anti-corruption authorities in the region on the overall formulation and implementation of anti-corruption laws, strategies and
policies is desirable;
▪ Experience in drafting of analytical papers, reports, speeches and briefing notes related to anti-corruption and anti-money laundering issues is desirable.
Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both spoken and written