The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-orientated professional for the position of Regional Program Manager, to work with the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) in South East Asia. The position will support and oversee all SIP project managers and support project leaders in Asia.
The position will be based at India or Nepal.
· Allocate internationally recruited staff (IRS) salaries for Asia-based SIP on a monthly basis.
· Create and maintain a tracking system for Asia-based IRS travel for SIP.
· Supervise and support all SIP project managers in the region on issues related to budgets, subgrants, communications, M&E and other management tasks.
· Manage budgets:
o Follow up monthly with project managers on budget management.
o Assist project managers with the timely processing of donor financial reports.
o Assist project managers with other budget management tasks in collaboration with the program finance manager and CIMMYT support services.
o Support asset procurement and asset inventories as required.
· Manage partner contracts:
o Keep a record of ongoing partner subgrants and follow up on implementation, reporting and payment schedules.
o Support relationships with partners where needed.
· Support project communication teams in collaboration with CIMMYT Communication Unit:
o Facilitate decisions and potentially content generation for communication products for diverse audiences.
o Quality check of written material.
· Support M&E and donor reporting:
o Collaborate with project managers to share best practices and tools for M&E.
o Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of M&E indicators to donors.
o Ensure a high standard for donor narrative reports.
· Support project leaders in discussions and negotiations with donors and partners:
· Anticipate and manage various risks inherent in project activities, including financial, logistic, political and environmental.
· Support the development and execution of annual project implementation plans.
· Support project managers with HR activities including recruitment and annual performance evaluations following CIMMYT procedures; liaise with CIMMYT headquarters and HR representatives in regional offices.
· Support proposal development, including by helping to develop and review initial budgets.
· Liaise with CIMMYT headquarters: SIP, HR, Finance, PMU, IT, Communications, Legal, and Knowledge Management.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
· Masters’ Degree in Agriculture, Business, Public Administration or related field.
· 6 to 10 years of relevant experience – requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of related disciplines.
· Significant and demonstrated experience in Project Management and in the management of agricultural R&D projects.
· Demonstrated high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task across activities, geographies and projects.
· Advanced knowledge of relevant administrative and/or operating protocols and policies.
· Requires strategic thinking. e.g., the ability to identify and/or develop management systems and to formulate new policies, approaches, and procedures as needed.
· Computer literacy, with proficiency in the common software packages.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem solving, innovation and creativity, relationship management, achievement orientation and time management.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.