As a member of the LAC regional office operations team, the Regional Operations Officer provides the Operations team and its Director (DPO) support in the areas of information management, cross-functional support and operational planning. Especially, the ROO will ensure effective information flows and assistance in adherence to and operations procedures and best practices.
The post-holder will effectively and efficiently support operations systems that aim to improve programme delivery and quality in LAC. The Operations Officer may also provide emergency preparedness and response support to Save the Children offices around the LAC region as needed.
The primary purpose of the Programme Operations Department of the LAC Regional Office is to assure the delivery of high quality full spectrum programmes across the region, through effective operational management platforms, humanitarian support, surge services, supply chain and awards management
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
* Ensure that CO strategic information is up-to-date and easily available to the ops team and the wider LAC RO
* Consolidate essential CO data and support in their analysis (dashboard, country brief)
* Develop collaborative information management tools as relevant; manage the team sharepoint site.
* Collate, analyse and disseminate research and literature on trends impacting the humanitarian and development sector
* Provide assistance in the quarterly reporting process with the functional areas in LAC RO for inputs.
* Global assurance: On behalf of DPO and in conjunction with the Operations Advisor, ensure that global audit recommendations are adequately reported on time.
* Risk management: support the risk committee in documenting risk assessments/calibration and following-up on mitigation actions
* Coordinate, consolidate and disseminate reports, plans, and strategic information in compliance with SCI requirements.
* Flexible support to team and DPO’s activities, including ops backstopping of selected countries.
* Liaise with other key LAC RO functions – awards, finance, logs, HR, PDQ, security – as needed.
* Provide support in organizing regional ops and humanitarian events
* Plan, set-up, co-ordinate and minute the key internal and external meetings and workshops relating to the Operations Management Team.
Support in Awards Management
Humanitarian Response support:
* Work with Operations team to plan, manage, coordinate and support the regional categorized responses.
* Work with country office project officers; information & communications officers and others to produce, consolidate and disseminate regular management, SitReps; Output Trackers, Funding and Grants; deployment trackers regional humanitarian dashboard; as well as updated Q&As (according to in-country sign off procedures are adhered to by all Regional office, Center, SC members).
* Manage the region Operations Management Tool(OMT) to monitor the progress of categorized responses, provide information on the beneficiary target and reach numbers and track member funding
* Work with the regional operations team (and identified country focal points) to support identified backstopping needs to categorised humanitarian responses. Assist in the identification and coordination of resource needs and allocations (including tracking of funding and HR deployments).
* Support the design, organisation and delivery of advisory missions, operations consultancies, surveys and assessments.
* Maintain an overview of SCI capacity building initiatives and workshops throughout the region.
* Organise regular operations conference calls, meetings, etc., as required
* Support regular Core ops meetings with minutes and action tracker
* Ensure that team calendar is up to date
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* 2-3 years in a role relevant for this position: data analyst; team support function, reporting officer, etc..
* Result- focused with a strong client orientation;
* proven interest for humanitarian and development work and for the socio-economic environment of the region
* Team player, eager to learn and be challenged; interest for developing a career in the sector
* Robust IT skills in the area of data management and collaborative tools; office suite;
* Proven attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation, very often at a distance.
* Proven ability to handle/priorities challenging and multi-tasked workload in complex working environment
* Willingness to travel to Country Offices for operational and humanitarian support, and capacity building purposes.
* Excellent English and Spanish language skills
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.