Regional ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Coordinator – Nationals Only - Region Middle East
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialise in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people's rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 . We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Libya Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, livelihoods , legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years . With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis
The Regional ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and providing technical ICT support in the region, with a particular focus on Syria programmes and should expect to spend up to 40% of their time traveling . Strategic support is also provided to programmes in Libya, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Palestine. The Regional ICT Coordinator manages the regional ICT team in Amman and technically coaches and supports ICT colleagues in each relevant country office .
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are seeking a motivated, energetic, dynamic and communicative candidate who has 4-5 years’ relevant ICT work. Experience in a humanitarian/recovery context is a strong asset
Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Higher Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent Computing, Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required. In-depth knowledge of O365 is required and Box is an asset.
Additional useful skills include: MCSE, MCITP A+ or Equivalent , and an analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
- Coordinate the dissemination and implementation of NRC’s global ICT strategy in the region, as well as contributing to its definition and review from a regional and field perspective.
- Provide oversight and compliance checks on the implementation of ICT strategy and policies throughout the country offices in the region.
- Coordinate ICT resources, skills and competence within the region and offer support and advice where and when needed.
- Collect and disseminate ICT-related knowledge and learning within the region and at a global level.
- Work with ICT staff in the region to enable them to provide ICT 1stline support as well as assist with planning, budgeting and procurement as per NRC standards.
- Provide training of ICT staff in region and support the recruitment and/or on- boarding of new ICT staff in region.
- Facilitate synergies and regional efficiencies on ICT procurement, systems and training.
- Participate in global ICT work streams/projects, to identify common global solutions, when relevant.
- Participate in key activities and projects that have an ICT component – such as M&E, management information systems, ICT4B (ICT for Beneficiaries, etc.
- Supporting Global Information Security Advisor & CIO to ensure effective Risk Mgmt. Information Security processes and adherence to ICT policies and standards in the region
Manage the regional office IT team to provide direct support to the regional & country office IT staff where required, traveling to and/or assisting with all IT related matters, and project specific needs
Coach and support country office IT staff to implement IT guidelines, standards, policies and strategy throughout the region, using influencing skills to ensure they are adopted
Train and capacity-build field/country office IT support staff located in the geographical regions, whether relating to hardware, software or policies and procedures
Travel to support IT needs during emergency operations, as required
Working with each global IT service domain leader at HO to develop specific regional and country service strategies and sourcing arrangements which collectively help deliver the overall NRC IT Strategy
Contributing to annual ICT events globally and within the region.
Proactive participation and coordination with other INGOs/NetHope
Engage with stakeholders in country offices to recommend action points for ICT staff to make sure that all global initiatives are in line with their Work and development plan
Provide tier 2 support to users
Supervise and coordinate ICT ticket escalation
Supervise the administration of BOX and O365
Provide Syria Country Management Groups with ICT policy advice
Contract Period: [12 months contract]
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
For more information, please find attached the Job Description.